• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i need some help

albo

Warren Scout
Our indoor bunny has just started to become a lil chewer.....shes taken to chewing the door frames,table legs,carpets,rugs basically anything she can get her compers round.

The prob is im in rented accommodation so she CANt be doing this, has anyone got any adive what to do!!

Bit of a difficult one! Bean LOVES to chew...everything. We waited till we owned our house till we got a bunny because of the chew problems. When we got Bean he chewed everything...door frames, corner of walls, books and cushions! This also included wires..we bought a grey protective tubing thing from Ikea which works a treat. We found that white masking tape put onto the corner of the walls also works really really well. Plus it blended with our white walls ;) Another good idea that we read about and really worked was getting a water spray and whenever he chewed anything he really shouldn't we shouted NO NO NO and gave Bean a quick spray with the water...this worked. We then gave him lots more willow chew toys and stuck these in front of him anytime he started chewing something he shouldn't. This all worked a treat and he doesn't chew half as much as he used to. We thought about getting a new door at Xmas because it was starting to go creaky...we have decided against it and are just going to let Bean chew it! He loves it! Plus it prevents him chewing anything else. :D:D

She may be bored.Have you considered getting her spayed then getting her a friend?You could also give her some Apple branches and some Wilow toys in the mean time

Ive tried to give them an alternative! My lounge, kitchen and hallway have loads of boxes in plus tunnels and a yellow pages! I've put unmovable objects in corners (fav digging places!)! Dudley is a good boy but Daisy is sooo naughty she will be spayed in the next week or so when I pluck up courage to book her in! I'm hoping that will stop her munching everything!

my bun does exactly the same.Iam waking up 3 or 4 times in the night to spary her quickly with water,im exhusted but i think it might be slowly working,very slowly but im hopefull.she so far has done the carpet(down to the floorboard)got books out of a line on the cabinet,skirting boards,doors,wires,wardrobe bottom.

She has been speyed, she has loads to play with...my kitchen is bunny heaven!!!

If she continues would it be bad to make her into an outdoor bunny? althou i really dont wanna have to do that to her.

Could you move her into another room with less chewable furniture? Bedroom maybe?

My Daisy chews quite a lot too, so I keep having to distract her with her kong chew toy, tasty treat hay etc. I think she just likes exploring all the different tastes on offer :roll:

She has been speyed, she has loads to play with...my kitchen is bunny heaven!!!

If she continues would it be bad to make her into an outdoor bunny? althou i really dont wanna have to do that to her.

I didnt mean to cause offence.If she is spayed would you consider getting her a friend??A friend may take her mind off chewing your furniture

I hadnt taken offence at all.:D

I could leave her in the kitchen but Id worry she would get bored all alone, I did think of a friend for her but I cant really do that at this time.

Back