• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Failed Rebond

Netutopia

Alpha Buck
My bunnies Sooty and Syrup had been together for 18 months when Sooty developed an ear infection and was very poorly. He pulled through fine (tank goodness) but as he got better they had a huge fight. I separated them and tried them together the next day, but they immediately locked on and had to be split. :shock:

I kept them totally separate for 4 weeks and took them for a car ride this morning (separate carriers), before trying them in a neutral run in the back garden (where neither have been before) - lots of hay, pellets and cauliflower leaves (their favourite).

They locked on straight away - I separated them and for the next 15 minutes they totally ignored each other, then this repeated again. Sooty then attacked Syrup and she ran away screaming at the top of her voice. I didn't even know that rabbits could do this - it was the most haunting sound and I never ever want to hear it again. :cry:

My son heard it from inside and asked my why I was screaming.

I have checked them both over and they are fine so have separated them again. Sooty is back in his temporary 5 x 3 hutch and Syrup has the shed and front garden and is proudly babysitting 5 of my guinea pigs while they are in their run (she is sat watching them (not in the run!)).

I am not going to try again (thank you to all that have offered to help), but I think that they are happier on their own.

Last edited:
sorry that this didnt work out if you do decide they would be happier with freinds(but not each other) alice has lots of rabbits at her rescue in gloucester. sorry it didnt work out sounds a very harrowing expierinace i think you are right to call it a day if bun is so scared its screaming. xx

Back