• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Waterbottles

leeanderin

Mama Doe
Does anyone elses bun pull on the water bottle when they are drinking? Dilbert's driving me nuts, he's always done it and i'm worried he's going to damage his teeth eventually.

My bunnies dont, but the hamster does. It drives me NUTS!! cause if the noise it makes!!

All of mine do. I have hamsters as well and they can push there water bottle of or they chew on it all night it drives my son barmy as they are in his room.

It's attached by a spring thing so it makes a right racket. It drips fine so it's not like he's not getting any water!

Mine have water bowls now,one of my bunnies use to pull the water bottle off completely:roll:

Daisy does and Andy got so fed up with the noise he stole her bottle and gave her a bowl intead - which she likes to put her paws in then hop round the kitchen leaving puddles .... :roll:

Santa used to do it before I swapped them to a bowl - I think it's too much effort for the delicate little flower and she was pulling because the water wasn't coming out quickly enough to quench her thirst. She's much happier now with a bowl :) Fortunately none of my others do it...or if they do I can't hear it because they are further from the house :lol:

One of my does it occasionally - and I think sometimes tries to bite it! He is a bit shortsighted so it's entirely possible he thinks it is food!:roll::lol:

My rabbits dont but one of my piggies does. She practically sticks the whole tube down her throat and also pulls on it as well. When I first saw her do it I thought maybe there was something wrong with the water bottle and maybe she wasnt getting any water out of it, but it just seems this is the way she drinks:?

honey used to be sooo noisy with hers and would do it for attention ive now moved it to the conrner and when she rattles it doesnt make any noise so now she doesnt do it lol:lol:

Yes Wesley broke his the other day it totally fell to bits. I got one of those ones from Pets at Home with the duckie floater.

Ghostie does it when she's thirsty. She does it as the water doesn't come enough quickly. I give them a bowl occasionally and they much prefer that.

Back