• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I dont understand why she isn't losing anymore weight!

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
It's not as if Sally isn't excersising! She's on a small handful of excel lite at night and green veg in the morning and plenty of runs up and down the garden. She's stuck to 3.4kg for the last 2 weeks...

Hi Theo! :wave:

Here's the graph Stef made to plot her weight loss. The bottom line is days rather than date, as I couldn't garuntee to get her weighed on the exact same day of the week every time. So, at day 32, she's not lost anything since day 15. :shock:

Sallysweightgraph28thFeb.png

She is a little round looking :shock:

By green veg, you do me green stuff - not sneaking any carrot, tomato, fruit etc. in? They're a bit more fattening.

If she's getting greens I would cut out the excel all together. Or down to a pinch to use as treats (teaspoon full) or put in a treat ball. They'll be what has the calories in.

Keep increasing the exercise as she gets fitter too :)

She is a little round looking :shock:

By green veg, you do me green stuff - not sneaking any carrot, tomato, fruit etc. in? They're a bit more fattening.

If she's getting greens I would cut out the excel all together. Or down to a pinch to use as treats (teaspoon full) or put in a treat ball. They'll be what has the calories in.

Keep increasing the exercise as she gets fitter too :)

That's what I was going to suggest too, don't worry though Carmen, you are doing a great job with her and she will lose some more weight, it's rather like us humans when we are on a diet, we get 'sticking points' too

I think she has done quite well, so keep it going and she will get there

Thanks everyone!

Sorry I took a while to respond, I popped off to Tesco to do the weeks shopping! :oops: £120 later and I have returned! :shock:

I'll cut out the excel then, but I'll have to do it slowly, as she is still quite panicky if she sees her bowl empty. I suppose 6 years is a long time to have one habit, then get so much changed in a few weeks. She's down to about an eggcupfull, I'll slowly decrease that to nothing over a week. She has about 3-4 leaves of spring greens, nothing else apart from Timothy Hay and Organic Meadow Hay. :)

She does love her runs in the garden though, and she is SO affectionate! She never goes far from my side, and comes bounding back if I call her name! :love::love::love:

We've seen exactly the same pattern in our cat Geoffrey's weight loss - quite a lot in the first couple of weeks and now he's plateaud and not lost anything for a fortnight:? I wonder if it is that their bodies start changing and adapting after a couple of weeks and the rate of loss will pick back up again if you stick with it. Having said that I'd agree on reducing the excel, little by little too though :) Rapid weight loss can be just as dangerous as being overweight!

She could be having a "plateua" - normal in weight loss especially when its been going fine x

Back