• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fablon lined hutches - really pleased with results...

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
I've been so worried recently, as Hunny and Mustard keep throwing the newspaper out of the hutch and weeing/pooing straight on the wood. Of course, with the weather warming up I've been scrubbing their hutch out twice a day and I'm sure they see it as a personal challenge now to undo my efforts in record time. :roll:

So I went to Wilkos to see if they had any lino squares, and ended up coming home with a roll of Fablon. It worked well with Hunny and Mustard's hutch, so I've gone back today and got 2 more rolls and done the others. It's great! Sweep, spray, wipe, refill hutch, wash litter tray, refill tray and job's a goodun'!
Hunny & Mustard are keeping it really clean so far. :D
DSC02287.jpg

Nick and Miffy only go out in the daytime if it's warm, they liked it today and it only took 5 minutes to clean up ready for the next warm day! :D
DSC02341.jpg

Pootle's was quite awkward to do, but it looks waaaay better now! :D
DSC02345.jpg

It's basically sticky backed plastic sheets.:wave:
They come in rolls 1.5m long. It's awkward to fit to size, but if it lasts it will be worth it. :D

Does it feel like lino on the top then :oops: It looks similar to lino to me you see... :)

I need to do our 2 foster bunnies hutches, thats why i ask :) They need a real good scrub first though, cant wait for a really warm day to do them! xXx

It was between £3.50-£4.00 per roll. It does feel just like lino, that's why I decided to try it. :D

If it stays put, I'm thinking about doing the walls too, but I dont really have spray-mad buns, so it would only be cosmetic. Looks nice though!

I've used a different roll for each hutch, and had some left over. It measures 1.5m x 67.5cm per roll, so I suppose it depends on the size of your hutch. I have 5ft hutches inside of a walk in aviary. :wave:

Gosh thats as cheap as chips :) I may get a roll and do one of the hutches, and see how it goes :D

Thanks for the idea hun xXx

They don't nibble it? I spent hours doing my Fat Fluffs place out with lino and they've eaten half of it!! :roll:

is the adhesive backing as strong as vinyl tiles for staying put do you reckon?

isnt it annoying when it ocmes to the wood floor near the doors..you always get bedidng food or poo even stuck donw the teeny gaps no matter what you try..
so you get lino and you cant lay it cos if you do it too near then you cant open or shut the doors:censored: But if the fablon works then oyu could do the gaps and under the doors with fablon then use lino on top...great idea.

mines a hutch indoors but still needs lino etc.....ive got a roll of ofcut non slip almost better than the slippery tiles in there. so thanks ofr the heads up..when im finally shot of this darned bug i wil go to wilkies to get a few rolls and do under the doors before trimming up the lino..bertie skids right out the door:shock:

That's a good idea! Only Pippin uses his hutch as a toilet and he has litter trays in there, but sometimes he misses :love: so it would be good to have on the bottom. Hmmm, I like it!

I like your thinking - might have to try that!

I expect my buns will complain though as they love destroying newspaper :roll::lol:

Back