• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foods good for grinding the teeth?

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
As the title suggests really, Bailey's hay intake is very low and he had his teeth clipped around a month ago, hes going to have to have them done again (either that or we take his incisors out). Just wondering, if there are any foods which are particularly good for his front teeth?
strange q i know x

It is difficult to get teeth which are over grown to wear down, hay ang grass is the best thing, hower greens will help to a lesser amout. Having front teeth removed does help buns whoose front teethare overgrown to eat more normally.

You can also get gnaw stones. You can get these from the hay experts. My girls love them, they get two a month, and they gnaw on it with their front teeth. Should help. Warning though that my gnaw stones don't last the night. :lol:

Does he eat greens? I would grow fresh Timothy grass. They tend to like it better than hay and it's softer so easier to eat but it's the best type of grass for wearing teeth as it has a rough surface :)

Back