PDA

View Full Version : Foods good for grinding the teeth?

Indiechic
28-02-2009, 07:02 PM
As the title suggests really, Bailey's hay intake is very low and he had his teeth clipped around a month ago, hes going to have to have them done again (either that or we take his incisors out). Just wondering, if there are any foods which are particularly good for his front teeth?
strange q i know x

janice
28-02-2009, 07:17 PM
It is difficult to get teeth which are over grown to wear down, hay ang grass is the best thing, hower greens will help to a lesser amout. Having front teeth removed does help buns whoose front teethare overgrown to eat more normally.

bunny babe
28-02-2009, 08:42 PM
You could try apple tree branches for the front teeth I think they may help a little.

LionheadLuver
28-02-2009, 09:05 PM
You can also get gnaw stones. You can get these from the hay experts. My girls love them, they get two a month, and they gnaw on it with their front teeth. Should help. Warning though that my gnaw stones don't last the night. :lol:

Tamsin
28-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Does he eat greens? I would grow fresh Timothy grass. They tend to like it better than hay and it's softer so easier to eat but it's the best type of grass for wearing teeth as it has a rough surface :)

donnamt
28-02-2009, 09:50 PM
veg high in fibre should help i think

Indiechic
28-02-2009, 10:07 PM
yeah he does, ill feed them greens and no other veg for a while and see how that goes.

thank you x