• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rebonding my five ... updated Monday night

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
My house bunny five-o have been living as a pair (Ant & Hoops) and a trio (Trix, Beemer & Roo) for the past few weeks due to both Ant & Hoops being unwell :( However they both got a clean bill of health :) from the vet last week and today has been the first opportunity to reintroduce them and rebond.

So I'm sat here in my dining room, with five bunnies in a pen! Generally going fine ... would be a whole lot easier though if little mini-rex Roo would simply calm down and stop honking and stamping at everyone! They get upset with him doing that and jumping over their heads and then we have mad chases when nobody really knows who is chasing who! Trix is the same ... always thinks everyone is out to get her! :lol:

It's going to be a long night ... so please send lots of rebonding vibes our way and say hello on the thread to keep me sane!! x

Last edited:
Maybe its a rex thing..lol...thats just how Angel was when I started bonding her with Jack and Indie ....leapt right over their heads!!

Hope it all settles soon!:wave:

Awww bless them good luck Abi you did it the first time so I'm sure you'll do it again lots of bonding vibes for you - cant wait to come and cuddle them all in a couple of weeks x

Thanks guys. I know it's just a matter of time - took Roo ages to settle in before cos he's such a nutter! We'll get there, I'm sure!

Kath - hope your new little rex isn't going to be the same with your lot! :lol:

oOoh Abi! Good luck hun... i hope it all works out. Sending calming vibes for little Roo

I may take you up on the offer of bonding my babies for me soon :oops: I cant do it myself - im too soft with Ronnie :oops: xXx

Everything calming down here :) Roo has exhausted himself with all his dashing and jumping and is now quieter so the others are able to approach him. Ant & Hoops have both done big flops :lol: and everyone is happily munching on hay. Just a matter of time and patience now :) x

Hi Abi :wave:

Sending lots of bonding vibes your way for a happy fivesome. If anyone can get them back together you can :D

I'm going to attempt to rebond Sooty and Syrup tomorrow as it has been 4 weeks since their big fight and separation.

xxx

Still sitting up with them. Hoops is being a real madam! She's chasing anything that moves ... not helped by Roo's skittish honking, jumping and racing about like a mad thing! LONG night ahead!!

What are you doing up at this time?! Don't drink coffee and trying to cut down on tea :( Just wish Hoopsie would behave! x
Just got in from a night out am eating garlic bread and potato wedges. So my two favourites of your buns are the ones causing the trouble :lol:

Just got in from a night out am eating garlic bread and potato wedges. So my two favourites of your buns are the ones causing the trouble :lol:

Er .. yep! Roo is just so skittish and Hoops seems to enjoy making him run around like a nutter! Trix doesn't like it either and they all end up chasing around with no idea who started it :shock: The only one not involved is Ant ... "I am top bun I have no need to interact!" :lol: x

Er .. yep! Roo is just so skittish and Hoops seems to enjoy making him run around like a nutter! Trix doesn't like it either and they all end up chasing around with no idea who started it :shock: The only one not involved is Ant ... "I am top bun I have no need to interact!" :lol: x

Ant is way too cool to get involved in that sort of thing :)

Ant is way too cool to get involved in that sort of thing :)

Tell me about it! Really need him to tell Hoops off though cos she currently seems to think that chasing small bunnies is a sport ... and she would be Olympic champion at it by now! :shock: :lol: x

Oooo I really hope my lot are easier than this. Dutchie attacked the cat just for being near Bella today he went flying down the garden after her into the lounge and was trying to get onto the sofa after her he was a proper protective husbun

Oooo I really hope my lot are easier than this. Dutchie attacked the cat just for being near Bella today he went flying down the garden after her into the lounge and was trying to get onto the sofa after her he was a proper protective husbun

Bless him! Poor cat :shock:
Maybe will try to get some sleep ... x

Back