• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meredith has collapsed

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
She was fine at 1.30 as we had lunch in the garden today but at 3.10 we found her collapsed at the back of her house. Typical as our vets shut at 3pm until Monday morning.

We think it is a heart problem as her heart beat is all over the place, she is out of breath and one of her eyes is slightly protruding. She was also very cold. We do not know her age but she is a very elderly girl.

We set up a cage for her indoors but she became very distressed at being seperated from Bertie, so she is now back in her house with extra hay, vetbed and a heatpad. She is nibbling a little hay now but has no interest in her mix or veg.

We do not know what else we can do for her as she cannot tolerate oral meds. Not that I think anything we have here will really help her.

Why does this always happen when the vets are shut for such a long time.
Please don't suggest we take her to the emergency vet, they are worse than useless and I know what the outcome would be:cry::cry:

Awwww *hugs* and vibes :( Hope she will be ok!

It really is typical that it happened when the vets is shut :roll: Always happens to us.

Sounds like you are doing everything you can for her ..... Pray she gets through the weekend and you can see your regular vet.

I'm so sorry, poor Meredith. So typical that it would have to be when the vets have shut too; I hope she can hang in there until monday. xx

Poor little Meredith,why is it there is always a crisis when your vets aren't there!Sending healing vibes your way

Poor Meredith :(

My first thought would be pneumonia or something like that.

Injecting her with sub-q fluids containing electrolytes *might* help her if she's she's in a collapsed state and you can't get her to a vets.

She is sitting upright at the moment, but her legs don't really work :( I think she probably has fluid in her chest cavity that needs draining :?

I can't imagine the emergency vet would bother with this, I am still waiting for a reply to my last letter of complaint :roll:

hugs and vibes to you and her!!!! hope she soka nd can hang on until monday its always when the vets shut i agree!!!:roll:

Back