• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dutch size...

tomcat

Young Bun
Hello :)

What size is the average size of an adult dutch rabbit compared to the average dwarf lop?

My Mum has one of each and the Dutch is a bit smaller. If you are trying to decide between the two breeds I would def recommend getting a Dutch they are v nosey and cheeky :)

Dutch are def smaller, dwarf lops are a bit of a con as they are never dwarf, unless the name means they dwarf some smaller breeds. Dutch bunnies have the most amazing personality too, we have a pair at work who are not far from getting an ASBO!!:lol:

Are you looking to get your buns from a rescue? There are a couple near to you if so - have you had a look on here? Its always worth going along to meet the buns as personality is important too

Well, these two i am looking at now, are 3.5 months old, from a breeder who is a friend of a friend

But yeah, i will always go and see them before i decide anyway

Well definately do some looking round and research into a good vet in your area. The advantages of rescue buns is that they will come to you already neutered/spayed and will have had the vaccs too (dont forget this can br pricey). Most rescues will be happy to offer advice too if you ever have any problems or worries :)

Aye, ive done the vet sourcing already :)

My one offers a service, where for £80 it gives you the yearly vacc for you rabbits live for free

I know that means on one vac however, it still saves money and i will pay for the rest

Don't listen!! Kath is biased towars dutchies!! :lol: Dwarf lops have great personalities too - I'd say as a general rule they're not quite as bright as dutches, but they can be really affectionate and friendly buns! My Charlie is thick as two short planks, has very selective hearing and snores like a steam train when asleep but he's gorgeous and very friendly!! Jacob is very intelligent, loves to barge around the garden at full tilt, is extremely unelegant and hates being picked up with a passion - love them both to bits!! :love:

Don't listen!! Kath is biased towars dutchies!! :lol: Dwarf lops have great personalities too - I'd say as a general rule they're not quite as bright as dutches, but they can be really affectionate and friendly buns! My Charlie is thick as two short planks, has very selective hearing and snores like a steam train when asleep but he's gorgeous and very friendly!! Jacob is very intelligent, loves to barge around the garden at full tilt, is extremely unelegant and hates being picked up with a passion - love them both to bits!! :love:
Sorry Chloe is right I am biased :oops::oops::oops: She also runs a fab rescue so if you do look around she is worth having a chat with and a look on her website too

I have a choccie dutch and dwarf harley lop living together, there is a size difference but Annabelle (the dutch) is very very daring and keeps henry in check!!

I know what you mean, Henry is one sandwich short i think but hes so funny!!

Back