• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit feed

I'm going to get a New Zealand white rabbit soon and I don't know where to buy the feed. Does anyone know the best feed and where to get it?

-Lukerabbitboy

Most pet shops sell two kinds of food
Museli - the coloured stuff, rabbits tend to selectivley feed on this (meaning they eat the bits bad for them and leave the good bits) Generally not very good for your bunny. Common brands are Russel Rabbit and Wagg!
Pellets - you can get a range of pellets, mainly brown and all look the same, and stop selective feeding. Alot better for your bunny :) Common brands are Pets at Home Nuggets, Science Selective, Excel Alan and Paige,Wagg(sometimes you may have to get your petshop to order anything specific

Also, youll probably be given some of the food the rabbit is currently on.
If your rabbit is on museli,and you want it on pellets, this has to be a gradual change over as a sudden change can cause tummy upsets

Personally, I use both feeds. My 2 outdoor are on Excel pellets and my 2 indoors are on Museli mix (mainly due to problems with getting them to change over)

I have three large rabbits too and I feed them either on Spillers High Protein Pellets or on Allan & Page Breeder/Grower Pellets. They do very well on them, though they only get a small handful twice a day, the rest of the diet is hay and a few veg.

Vera

Back