• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick Question

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
A lady came into the store to ask some advice. She'd been in before after rehoming 2 rabbits from her next door neighbour. The rabbits turned out to be male and female and the doe got pregnant (obviously).

Not sure why, but the vet had to perform a caesarian and all the kits were born dead.

I asked her if the vet had suggested doing a spey at the same time, but the vets said it wasn't necessary.

My question is would it have been feasible for the vet to do a spey at the same time and would vets not have suggested this?

Im no vet but surely he could have spayed her while he was in there??? They do with people:roll:

That's what I thought. The lady got the impression from the vets that it wasn't necessary to neuter the doe. She was only going to get the male castrated and then try to re-bond. After I spoke to her and advised her to get both 'done', she went back to the vets and they quoted her £120 to neuter both.

Just seems a shame to put the doe through another operation after what she's had to deal with already.

Back