• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed asap please!! Update... failed :'(

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Spent the past few hours bonding Jamie, Sapphire and Kitt - all seemed to be going ok so I moved them in to my room which had been cleaned out. Sapphire and Jamie seemed happy, Kitt seemed a bit pee'vd.

After a while Kitt started to try and hump Sapphire and Jamie ran over and started chasing Kitt - which resulted in the two boys fighting. On checking Kitt over he has a cut through his ear and a tear in his skin :(:(

I cleaned up the wounds with salt water and put him back in the cage with the other 2 - to give them a confined space - and Kitt is sat in one corner eating bits of hay, and Sapphire and Jamie are fast asleep in the other.

What should I do???

Last edited:
Piper ended up with a small cut right through her ear during a fight, but it was so small that keeping it clean made it heal nicely :) if its really big id go to the vets

Spent the past few hours bonding Jamie, Sapphire and Kitt - all seemed to be going ok so I moved them in to my room which had been cleaned out. Sapphire and Jamie seemed happy, Kitt seemed a bit pee'vd.

After a while Kitt started to try and hump Sapphire and Jamie ran over and started chasing Kitt - which resulted in the two boys fighting. On checking Kitt over he has a cut through his ear and a tear in his skin :(:(

I cleaned up the wounds with salt water and put him back in the cage with the other 2 - to give them a confined space - and Kitt is sat in one corner eating bits of hay, and Sapphire and Jamie are fast asleep in the other.

What should I do???

Personally I would not leave Rabbits together if actual injuries have been caused.
Others may disagree.

Poor Kitt :cry:

Poor kitt. It was probably because they were in his room. I remember how he peed continuously for weeks after Elwood had explored his room :lol:

Is the cage in your room so you can listen out all night? Have they been in it before for any length of time and been OK? Personally if they seem relaxed again in the crate I would leave them together and see how it goes but not leave them for a minute. If there is a hint of aggression I would abandon it

Hope it works out. I know how important this is :):wave:

Thank you folk =]

Kitt is sat facing them two now - eating hay, Sapphire is grooming herself and Jamie is flopped out. Kitt seems to be very nervous.

It is in my room so I would know if anything breaks out, I am just so worried Kitt will get attacked again :(

xx

Had to stop the bonding, Kitt got really distressed and started thumping and running back and forth :(

Guess it just isn't meant to be.

I really do hate having them two in the shed, I feel like I don't give them enough attention compared to Kitt :cry:

Well Kitt seems more chilled now Jamie and Sapphire have gone back to their home.

I am gutted, but I want what is best for all three of my babies. Maybe when I move out if I can find a 2 bedroom house I can have them all indoors but seperate, and do it that way?

xx

TBH, i think rabbits who are outdoors and have a companion are always happy in thier own company, my 2 hate me going out there with them :lol:

Sorry to hear that you've had to abandon the bonding, but I do agree with Phoebesmummy. J&S will be perfectly happy with their own bunny company as all they want/need from you is a supply of food and water and of course the daily checks just to keep them used to being handled. You are doing all this anyway as was evident from their condition and friendly behaviour when they stayed with me. So don't get stressed about it.:)

Back