• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Neglect - I want to use your photos.

devoted2buns

Mama Doe
Allot of stories of bunny neglect on here and i want to spread the word to my facebook friends, website and e-mai to make people realise how bad bunnies get a raw deal. I just don't think people realise because its something they never come across, they only ever hear about it so i think its time we spread the word and get photos sent to people and hopefully make them think twice.

If you are happy for me to use your photos, post them here. Thanks.

Uncle Albert - Untreated Dental Disease so he was emaciated, covered in mites and had gunky eyes

rabbits011.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Martha- Hind leg paresis and owners had not noticed hay getting tangled around her legs. She was also very underweight.

MiscPics143.jpg

MiscPics140.jpg

Libby-Untreated abscessated bite wound

Picture044.jpg

.......after surgery

Picture059.jpg

Alysia-Untreated fight injuries. She was also pregnant.

Picture032.jpg

Erin- Emaciated and kept in shocking conditions.

Picture1317.jpg

Picture1316.jpg

Bobbie- Used to breed for meat. Kept in an open wire crate with Rabbits in crates above her. So all the urine and faeces fell on to Bobbie and her babies.
Bobbie was emaciated, had conjunctivitis and pneumonia and was also pregnant again

BobbieandBabies.jpg

Last edited:
Why did I look at this thread :cry:

I'm sure bunnyrun wouldn't mind you using that photo of Billy. It's a good example of neglect :cry:

I really dont know how you do it Jane but its a damn good job you do! You must have made a huge difference to so many bunnies lives!

oh dear me:shock: i really shouldnt have looked. To all you amazing people on here who save with these poor bunnys from such horrible places are simply ................well i have no words,only tears after seeing those poor little loves and im sure you guys have seen worse :cry:

I have only seen a fraction of what all the Rescues see. Please dont think I am any sort of hero as the only reason I posted the pics was to provide the OP with some examples of what neglect can do. I didn't post them to gain any praise or 'attention'. What I have done for Rabbits in trouble is what Rescues do on a daily basis. They are the ones we need to praise :)

oh my, those photos show how cruel so people can be. I mean how can you not notice that leg? fight wounds? and not get help? how can people do this?

Allot of stories of bunny neglect on here and i want to spread the word to my facebook friends, website and e-mai to make people realise how bad bunnies get a raw deal. I just don't think people realise because its something they never come across, they only ever hear about it so i think its time we spread the word and get photos sent to people and hopefully make them think twice.

If you are happy for me to use your photos, post them here. Thanks.

if you are setting up a group /webpage etc then I would be happy to spread the word too. Hope that helps.

I have only seen a fraction of what all the Rescues see. Please dont think I am any sort of hero as the only reason I posted the pics was to provide the OP with some examples of what neglect can do. I didn't post them to gain any praise or 'attention'. What I have done for Rabbits in trouble is what Rescues do on a daily basis. They are the ones we need to praise :)

I totally agree Jane they do need praise but that doesn't take the fact away that so do you! Like it or not :lol::lol:

Uncle Albert - Untreated Dental Disease so he was emaciated, covered in mites and had gunky eyes

rabbits011.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Martha- Hind leg paresis and owners had not noticed hay getting tangled around her legs. She was also very underweight.

MiscPics143.jpg

MiscPics140.jpg

Libby-Untreated abscessated bite wound

Picture044.jpg

.......after surgery

Picture059.jpg

Alysia-Untreated fight injuries. She was also pregnant.

Picture032.jpg

Erin- Emaciated and kept in shocking conditions.

Picture1317.jpg

Picture1316.jpg

Bobbie- Used to breed for meat. Kept in an open wire crate with Rabbits in crates above her. So all the urine and faeces fell on to Bobbie and her babies.
Bobbie was emaciated, had conjunctivitis and pneumonia and was also pregnant again

BobbieandBabies.jpg

jane i jsut wanted to say some of those pictures i hadnt seen before i am so glad these bunnys got through their fghts and live such happy lives with you. you have nursed them back to health so fantastically... all your bunnys always look so happy and healthy its such a shame they have such sad storeys behind them xx

Those photos are awful, makes me so sad :cry:

I would be so useless at a rescue, I'd just sit around and cry with bunnies arriving in that state. I know you don't like the praise Jane, but you have my admiration for coping with all these bunnies and giving them such fantastic care - I know I couldn't handle it.

Cassie is one of the 15 left with us the monday before last - she's in the early stages of pregnancy and we usually spay if early enough but she is too emaciated to go through the GA - the scabs on her back and the bald patches are where her amorous lover has been at her.

CIMG0093.jpg

CIMG0095.jpg

CIMG0097.jpg

Here are some of ours - some of the stories are horrific :cry::cry:

Alfie, who was from the same place as Jane's Rupert :( - never out of a small breeding box for over 2 years :(
alfie.jpg

Chops, aged 13 and had no name, had never been out of his hutch for years (and the hutch was in direct bad weather conditions :()
chops17050304.jpg

Bobby - aged 6 and been partnered with Billy (aged eight) - never neutered and left with a severe eye infection that led to being blind :cry:
bobby511202.jpg

bobby1711201.jpg

Biccy - used as a football and not fed properly :cry: Taken into a rescue by a grandfather who couldn't bear it any longer :cry: He was severely brain damaged, emanciated and full of mites :cry:
Biccy6023.jpg

Biccy21731.jpg

Douglas - from the same place as Boots :cry:
douglas.jpg

Mr Jingles - aged 10 when he was retired by the breeder :evil:and taken to Bobtails rescue - he had mites and nearly had heart attacks due to having freedom :cry:
DSCF0081.jpg

Oh dear, very distressing photos and stories :cry::cry: How can human beings do this??????

How many of these buns managed to make a full or at least partial recovery?

Duke - an old fellow and from an overcrowded place and a bad vet - he had severe respiratory problems and abcsesses :cry:
duke02.jpg

duke-01.jpg

Dutchess - from the same place as Duke - she had been attacked by other buns and had bad treatment from a vet :evil: Dutchess eventually needed her back leg amputated :(
dutchess02.jpg

Little Jack :cry::cry: Dumped and left with awful teeth problems, emanciated, mites, dreadful pain - practically left for dead :cry::cry:
little-jack-2.jpg

little-jack-1.jpg

Oscar - one of 26 bun rescued from a RESCUE :censored: He had severe teeth problems, malnutrition and abscesses :cry:
oscar-1.jpg

oscar-4.jpg

Wiggles, from the same place as Oscar - terrible teeth and very thin, she had to have her incisors removed :cry:
wiggles-1.jpg

:shock: :cry: I'm just speechless. Poor poor bunnies. Hats of to you all who deal with this kind of cruelty day in day out. You're all angels.

Back