• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a large and small?

tomcat

Young Bun
Hiya,

Is it possible to bond a frenchie with a lion head?

I would love a french and would love another lion head lol

I have a lion head myself and although have only had experience with two lion heads, I have found that bonding them with other breeds, even the same breed, quite difficult compared to lops, who I have also experience of bonding.

Lionheads I think are quite difficult to look after exspecially with grooming them, so to be honest, unless you have already got one or have fallen for one, you might want to look at a different breed.

Don't get me wrong my Bun is a darling and I love her dearly but I just think unless you have a little experience with rabbits they are not the best breed to start with. Even more so if you are intending bonding her.

If you go to a rescue centre, you might be able to find a wonderful pair of bonded buns, who I think are often difficult to re-home as a pair, or at the very least the rescue can help you bond two buns they have.

I used to have a British Giant that was bonded with my lionhead and they adored each other, so it is possible. You need to be very careful with the actual bonding though as the risk of injury is of course greater than with two small rabbits.

Here is Apollo with Charlie:

Apollo_and_Charlie_0105_2.jpg

When Apollo died, I bonded Charlie with Magic and they have been living together happily ever since:

Magic+and+Charlie+0506-2.jpg

I've got a Frenchie bonded to a mini-lop - no problems. In fact it's the little one who's in charge!

Back