• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I never thought I would see the day that my greedy rabbit wouldn't swallow

Cody bun has just come back from the vet, with a prescription of meloxidyl and baytril

The vet suggested I mix the baytril with pineapple juice in the syringe as it was so bitter

Boy, did he struggle when feeding it to him, I think there is more on me and his head than in his mouth

Do you lot have fun giving baytril too ?

It is pretty disgusting stuff - if I remember right it is liver flavoured:mrgreen:

I'd fight like a nutter to get away from that too:lol::lol:

I've just had to give it to Gabbie (1st time ever) and it was like a military procedure! :shock: I had to get myself into position and gently try to give it her but she was not happy at all and I had to dodge the kicking back legs when I'd done!

I was quite amazed when my rabbits pulled exactly the same face i would if something yucky was in my mouth! Made me think it might have a sour flavour! I squirted it on to apple so they have a nibble, pull a yuk face but them can't resist going back for more cuz they are so greedy!

I had to give Bubbles some before her dental - I syringed it onto a tiny piece of bread, then topped it with another piece of bread to make a dinky sandwich and she scoffed the lot. :lol:

I had him sit down, all calm at first, but spent what seemed like half an hour trying to get him to take the syringe in his mouth (but was probably really only 3 mins :lol:)

In the end, I had to trance him, and when the syringe was in his gob, he didn't have much choice but to swallow

But he certainly let me know afterwards, he was not amused :?

Roll on the next 7 days :?

Back