• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping - normal behaviour?

Hi
Stupid question really. I know it is normal behaviour for rabbits, but is it normal after neutering?
The 2 boys seem to be partaking in a little bit of humping and I don't want it to end in fights.
Should I stop them if I see it, or just let nature take it's course?

Eric tried humping Ernie on Sunday and there was one lump of fur in the run and 1 on it's way off of his back, but I distracted them.
If I had let them be, do you think they would have had a fight?

Sorry if it all seems a bit stupid, but just don't want to risk their bond being broken. I wish I was brave!

Thanks all

Mine still hump each other - not as much as they did mind you...Still dont stop them being randy little cookies though :lol:

As long as it doesn't end in injuries I would just leave them to it. A little bit of fur isn't anything to worry about but if they have cuts from bites then you might want to seperate them.

mine do hump still and both have been enutered for a long long time! so thats normal. also occasionally dora gets annoyed with arthur and chases him around especially if he being too humpy... then sometimes dora will pull a bit of fur like during a bonding session then will settle down they never fight tho. and i never get injurys with them.

Cant really comment on 2 boys but my male bun still humps his mate (female)even though he was done over a year ago.

Something to do with ranking order and dominance I think....

humping other rabbits is normal

(is humping a cats head normal though??? my dwarf rabbit started to hump my cats head lol)

Back