• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola loves Lucy but is so jealous :-(

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
How can buns go from loving each other to hating each other within mins?

I cant even hold Lucy if Lola is about, Lola wont leave me alone and tries to get to Lucy to bite her bum, and grunts like mad at her.:(

Lola is such a bossy little madam and rules Lucy with an iron rod. Sometimes I wonder if I have done the right thing.:(as I dont want Lucy feeling bullied or intimidated.

Even if Lucy has been out for a bit, Lola has to have a little go at her when we put her back in her cage even if they have been out together.

Is this normal?

see i think if i got ted a bunny friend I would get jealous of her being with them lol why don't you hold them both for a cuddle that way noone is feeling left out, don't forget lola is well bonded with you and you are still her friend.

Lola wont stay still if Lucy is out - she seems to want to dominate her every move and control what Lucy does and where she goes. She is such a bossy little madam.

She's probably just a dominant bunny and trying to assert her dominance. It will only lead to problems if Lucy ends up retaliating and a fight breaks out. So long as Lucy is not stressed and happy to eat etc she'll be fine. When I finally got teddy and Phoebe together, after about two months of bonding she was the same with him. She wouldn't let him go anywhere, and he had to have her permission before exploring. If he dared to go somewhere she didn't think he should be she would run as fast as she could and cut him off... then chase him back to their room. This went on for a good few weeks before they became inseperabele. Now they follow each other everywhere!

they've not been bonded long, right? its probably just Lola reminding you both that she's the boss! i know with dogs, you always give the dominant dog affection/food etc first (dominant dog is 2nd after you as alpha male/female) so maybe fuss Lola first each time to reassure her. After a while she will probably settle and realise that her minion (Lucy) isnt going to be taken away or ussurp her and she'll chill out!

Hi Cat
I think Lola just needs to get used to Lucy being around.She's had you all to herself for a long time.
Is there any way you could maybe feed them a treat at the same time.Make sure they're next to each other and fuss them both.
Do you remember my video of the boys sharing a cookie? I never thought I would see the day!
My 2 as you know had a few fights and I am still amazed at how close they can be sometimes. But Ernie knows not to put a foot wrong!
It all just takes time. Try not to rush and let them sort it out!! It's very hard, but given time, I'm sure they will be fine.

Hi, My two follow each other round everywhere! But Ellie runs around like mad looking for Billy if I pick him up to groom him. I now kneel down and groom Billy on my knee so that Ellie knows where he is and isn't worried :roll:
They find each other anywhere in the garden and there are quite a few places to hide!

Hopefully yours are just getting used to being together. Hope it goes well.

I am sure this will get better. Bean and Truffle have just been bonded! Bean still likes to stamp around occasionally. For example today, I opened up their run and cage door when I came home from work and Bean was straight out...like a shot!!! Truffle came to front of cage and I tried to encourage her but she was having none of it...Bean then ran up to the cage door stamped his foot and grunted at her...was so funny...it was like bean was saying 'come on Truf Truf we are supposed to be exploring'...He then walked away and she promptly followed...he does rule the roost but think truffle secretly likes being bossed. Bean also pesters me and nick for attention and sometimes truffle just sits there looking all sad...we go up to her to give her attention and she runs...think they are both just getting used to being married!!!:roll:

Back