• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Questions about letting Bandit outside.

We have a bunny pen and a harness and a leash for Bandit, who is a full time inside bun right now. We'd like to start letting him outside soon (with full supervison of course-the neighbors have dogs), as the weather has been getting a bit better, but I'm still not sure if it is too cold for him.

I know bunnies are great at staying warm in the cold, but I don't want to shock him, and he has no winter coat since he's an inside bun. It's normally around 70 degrees F in our house, and it's gotten up to 50 outside today. What what be a good temp to let him out?

Our indoor buns come and go as they want hehe The back door is open all day (providing someone is around) and more often than not it will be freezing and blowing a gale and there still out there! The only time they seem to come inside is in the evenings when the temp drops a bit just before it gets dark :D Normally i have to bring them in hehe i can't wait for mine to go outside full time soon when i sort some accom for them after seeing how much they love it!

Our buns have been allowed outside fulltime for about 2 weeks now :D

Ok, here's another question. I know he shouldn't eat the grass in the yard if it has had pesticides or anything like that on it. Is there a certain length of time that can go by before it is safe to eat again? I'm probably going to be up to my parents for a while, and I know they haven't had any lawn treatments since before winter. I'm trying to decide if he can be in the yard, or if I should restrict him to the brick porch.

Back