• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Rabbits in the North East

Kuja

Young Bun
Hi everyone, I know I'm a lurker but I'm finally in a position to give a couple of rabbits a home and I was wondering if anyone here could suggest places to look, or even rabbits if they have a rescue nearby.

I have looked at pawzforthought and northumberland small animal rescue, but there don't seem to be that many pairs of bunnies around at the moment, and I am not sure if they can live indoors or even if they let you visit to see what their personalities are like. While I have had a rabbit in the past I am not confident enough to bond a pair myself.

Ideally I'd like fairly young confident bunnies who don't mind visitors to the house, like lots of cuddles and who will be comfortable indoors. Size or shape not an issue (though I would be nervous about an angora or very purebred bun just because of their health) If the bunnies are too young to be neutered as yet I will be more than happy to get them done when needed (and vaccinated of course)

As for travelling - I live alone but have to beg the indulgence of my family for car transport so it can't be too far from Tyne and Wear - an hour at the very very most I'd say.

Sorry if this post is innapropriate but I would very much like to get some bunnies suited to me and to be honest with the rescues I don't know where to start, and don't want to have people drive me a long way only for the rescues to not have any pairs of bunnies etc.

Thanks for your time, ^_^

xx

Hi
Personally id either try northumberland or Pipkins Rabbit Rescue, In roker, Sunderland (google them and they have a webby)
Im sure Andrea, the lady who runs pipkins has pairs in atm :)
edit: Pipkins is very easy to get to on the metro :)

:wave:

yes, I know of some rescues and i often have rabbits here myself up for rehoming. I do have a two years old bonded pair, both neutered, but I fear they may be a bit mischievous as house rabbits :lol: They are wonderful characters and very tame, but haven't ever been 'given' cuddles as in sit on your lap.

I do however know of some rescues that may be of use. PM me :)

Thanks Phoebesmummy9 and charlie82! ^_^ I'm busy having a look at some of the rescues mentioned, and will try to pluck up the courage to get in touch with them if I get anywhere!

EDIT: Oh my goodness! Ginger and Fred are ADORABLE! :love:

Last edited:
Back