• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does this sound ok?

Mazda

Warren Veteran
I took Bailey to the vets today, and spoke to the vet about change Bailey from musile (sp?) to pellet. Because im haveing realy trouble getting him to eat it, he picks it out of the bowl! :lol: :roll:

And the vet said, Just go a few days without pellets/musile, and just feed him Hay, hay, and more, hay, veg and grasss. Then SLOWLY introduce the pellets. Does this sound ok? x

thank you x

i would mix the pellets and museli together and ween him off that way. they are devils for picking the best bits out of museli!

i would mix the pellets and museli together and ween him off that way. they are devils for picking the best bits out of museli!

I am doing that... he just picks out the museli.! :roll: I even put a little bowl of pellets in aswell, he jsut tipped it upside down! :roll:

I would mix more and more pellets in untill you are using more pellets than musesli, then just put pellets in. That way he has no museli to pick at.

:) x

I have know lots of buns who have come into rescues on museli, gone on to just hay then had pellets introduced, as long as he is a good weight and healthy should be no trouble :) Make sure he does eat hay though..

I have know lots of buns who have come into rescues on museli, gone on to just hay then had pellets introduced, as long as he is a good weight and healthy should be no trouble :) Make sure he does eat hay though..

Ok thank you. :) I will do that. The vet said he was fine... very active to! :lol:
he does eat his hay. :) x

Thats what i did with my buns. At first they only ate the museli but as more pellets were introduced they started eating the pellets. Now they love their pellets :)

Back