• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drama at the vets.! Because of my Bailey!

Mazda

Warren Veteran
:shock::shock::shock:

I was told that Mr Bailey is a very calm rabbit and up until quarter of an hour ago... i though he was!! We have just been to the vets for Baileys pre op check. (he is going to the plum fairy tomorow!:shock:)

He was exstreamly chilled in the waiting room and flopped out in the carrier eating his piece of apple. Then we went into the vets room, and i opened the carrier and he sat up. I was stroking him telling her (the vet) Where i got him, what he eats, how old he is and all that.! And i asked the vet to look at his eyes, because they look a bit runny. So she had a look at his eyes and he stayed still. i was thinking to myself this is going well.! Until.. she looked at his other eye. and he lept! About a foot in the air (at this point i started panicing and haveing visions of him breakinghis leg!!) and landed on the floor and started running around the room! He even went onto the scales! So i let him run for a few mins and then went to pick him up. I put him back on the table and held him quite firmly and against my tummy, she looked at his eyes again. He lept again! :shock: At this point im pratically on the verge of a panic attack! But he was fine... hopping around the room as if everything is fine. So i picked him up again. and sat on the chair with him on my lap and Sam (the vet.. pebble's fave vet! :lol:) checked his heart rate, it was a little fast! But then i moved my hand away from his face, and i had blood on my hand! :cry: He had cut his lip :( I was nearly in tears and Bailey was makeing a funny noise :( Sam wiped his lip and said it was fine.

So i put him in the carrier and spoke to the vet about worming/ vaccs/ bonding/ and his neuter tomorow. I (well mum) will be dropping him of tomorow at nine. And she is going to check his eyes while he is asleep and neuter him. Then i will pick him up after school at four.

I am now haveing a voldka (JOKE!!!! :p) I really have a glass of ice tea, and i am makeing a sign to go onto the carrier saying. 'WARNING I JUMP'

*needs to calm down!*

Oh what a shock Mai! Mr Bailey fancy giving your mummy a fright like that :lol:
Phoebe is very fond of our vet Claire, and happily lays for her while she does all sorts to him :lol:
Poor mite has his jabs next month.. :shock:

my bunny is the same--he is very laid back until he is put on the vets table --when i take him to the vets now the vet puts him on the floor to examine him and he is fine!!!:shock: So if your vet is up for it give it a try!!!

bless him! when i took charlie my :evil: bun i warned the vet she could bite, he wouldnt get her out of her box he stood back!!was frightened to death!:lol: she just sat there glaring at him:lol: she did bite me though:evil: and stamp about and snort after she went back in her box!

2008_0505petsagain0022.jpg
the lady in question!

Last edited:
Naughty little Bailey! Hope his cut lip is ok. He looks like such a sweetie from his picture and not at all like a naughty jumping bunny-frog :lol:

Vibes for him for tomorrow.

they can be quite unpredictable!! :shock: took 4 babies in for have mixy jabs and they are usually little darlings but they went evil and bit me and the vet :shock:

I was just so shocked about how he changed! :lol:
i was going ahh hes so calm! :lol: hmm! really!?

yep this happened with Joey although not as severe lol! He had the runs and the vet had to cut a matt out of his fur when I tried to even lift him he just kicked me and tried to run away lol he was mental that day.

Back