• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BooBoo needs serious vibes :( U/D coming home!

Starlight

Warren Veteran
She went in today for her spay as she had finally been reserved pending homecheck.
This little girl had been through so much, was so overweight she could not clean her back end, a serious case of mites, and a horrendously mucky bum.

See thread here for when she arrived: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=162468&highlight=booboo

She was speyed but on inspection had a very impacted stomach, which would explain why we could never fully clear her mucky bottom up. she is being kept in for 2-3 days and if she had not been brought in today, a few more days and she would have been rushed in as an emergency and most likely would have died :shock::cry:

They said she has a 50/50 chance, the vet explained for the surgery they did today, a normal client would have been charged £500, but he was very kind and is only charging £100, Plus £200 (estimate) for the hospitalisation and drugs. I was given the choice of trying to get her through it or pts, i said i don't get how much it costs, she has been through so much, she has to get through this :cry::cry:

Please send her vibes and love.

This is a recent pic, showing her progress with weight and the mites.

DSCF0041-3.jpg

Last edited:
Awe come on BooBoo if you can get through this it looks like you will have a lovely new life waiting for you VIBES ~~~~

Oh no poor Booboo :( I do hope the little love is ok :( Were there any clues as to why she has such a problem in her tummy?

Good thing you managed to get Bramble's vet bill down so low :shock:

Oh no poor Booboo :( I do hope the little love is ok :( Were there any clues as to why she has such a problem in her tummy?

Good thing you managed to get Bramble's vet bill down so low :shock:

No ideas, but vet said only half the ones who have the op (which are few as it has a £480 price tag without hospitalisation) make it :cry::cry:

Receptionist in charge of finances was like "oh no i was so happy for you when i come in and see your account getting lower" !!!

Sweetpea had a growth removed, i got given it as a souveneir!!
I have to call tomorrow at 2:30 to see how BooBoo is doing :(

:( oh no..poor bun......we lost bandit as hed had a blockage but somehow had passed it before he was pts..his guts were empty and he was seriously dehydrated..he was past the point of this option anyway but the vet put him to sleep as she said it was acute kidney failure which the pm proved wasnt but acute bloat.
youre right gastric surgery on buns isnt very succesful..but we will keep our fingers crossed that boo boo will be one of the lucky exceptions xx

vibes vibes vibes for boo boo xx

Back