• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

could you put a lionhead with a....

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
hmmm i was thinking of being sneaky and getting both my girls husbuns, but just been thinking, i'm diffiantely getting petal a husbun but would a lionhead and nethie go together okay?

I just got my lionhead a girlfriend and the lady at the rescue said that any breeds can live together happily, it just depends on them as individuals. Oddly, my lionead chose a lionhead girlfriend - she was definitely the one for him!:love:

I can't see why not although the buns are usually the ones to decide if they like each other or not. I wouldn't put a small lionhead or a nethie with a giant just in case but if they are quite similar in size I can't see a problem.....be warned though, nethies are bonkers.

Yep, as above it's better if they are generally the same sort of size so one of them doesn't get squashed :lol:

I can't see why not although the buns are usually the ones to decide if they like each other or not. I wouldn't put a small lionhead or a nethie with a giant just in case but if they are quite similar in size I can't see a problem.....be warned though, nethies are bonkers.

They're not bonkers.....ok, they are a little bit!! On the plus side they do some of the best binkies I have ever seen :D I have two nethies and completely adore them. They have very strong characters and are not to be messed with! When they want attention you will know because they head butt you and try and chew your trousers!!

I find they need lots of running space everyday though as they like to do things fast - my youngest one likes a mad half hour where he just charges around the lounge and he manages some good height on his binkies too!! Great choice for an entertaining pet!!

:lol: they look like such fun, well ted is quite a petiti lionhead, just not sure :lol: think one step at a time with my hubby, he's agree to petal gettng a boyfriend, but i could be sneaky lol :lol: thanks guys, teddy is very out going so thought maybe a nethie would suit her personality better where petal is very chilled.

:wave: My 2 aren't bonded yet because Sooty's still to be spayed but their runs are next to each other and they lie together and groom each other through the bars. If you see them individualy, Cookie (lionhead) looks a lot bigger than Sooty (nethie), but when they're in their runs lying together there isn't much difference in size. I think a lionhead and a nethie are a good combination (size) and I'm sure Ted would love a nethie wife.

My 2 aren't bonded yet because Sooty's still to be spayed but their runs are next to each other and they lie together and groom each other through the bars. If you see them individualy, Cookie (lionhead) looks a lot bigger than Sooty (nethie), but when they're in their runs lying together there isn't much difference in size. I think a lionhead and a nethie are a good combination (size) and I'm sure Ted would love a nethie wife.

cheers fiona, cool, well ted is actually a girl :lol: bit of a mix up when she was a baby but decided to keep her name :lol: your two are gorgeous by the way. :love:

I got 5 nethies, the girls are quite calm and the boys are crazy :lol: but they are such charming, loving buns :love: I have a lionhead, conti x lop and 2 nethies living together. And My lionhead Roo lives with nethie daughter Honey.

buns choose the oddest friends anyway.......

bif was dying from grief when bertie snoozed into her life to get her on her feet again. Now shes not as small as a mini lop but not as big as a dwarf lop and berties a frenchie a 5kg one so pretty small for a frenchie but they make a lovley couple.
When we added willow and then bandit and bonded the 4 it was so funy as willow was HUGE and yet very accommadating to the little buns whereas bertie tended to roll wherever he was. After Bif split herself from the group bandit remained with the frenchies until he became ill and a trip to the vet meant he wasnt allwoed back to them which upset them and him. He was a lionhead a cross maybe as he wasnt much smaller than bif not really.But Willow loved to washhimand have him sleep up against her cheeks or her tummy and he loved it too.

Bif and Bandit had to be nursed back to full health and then they were bonded as the frenchies had sayed bonded. it was cute to se the same size buns so loved up...i know they different sizes are just as loved up but two buns the same size esp little ones are wayyyyy too cute.

Sadly weve lost willow and now bandit and reunited in grief bertie and bif are once more loved up buns. its very swet to see her bury herslef in him for a hug and he doesnt realsie at frst then jumps up to see if hes hurt her..wot a gent!:lol:

i knew someone on an american forum who had a conti with a mini lop and another lady who had a frenchie with a nethie:shock: if we cant help who we fal in love with neither can they:lol:

but i admit the only time ive taken buns to meet other buns is when we had oscar andbif was at the rescue and we were given pen time with her or the unneutered doe and oscar was impressed by being humped so thoroughly!:oops: but he was best off with bif.
when we went to choose another frenchie we took both buns to meet the group and bertie didnt care and bif was best with willow who was only 3 motnhs old. but does togehter are not an easy bond! so it became a complicated set up.

with oyur buns it dpends ont he personality..if you have laid back bun then another laid back bun would be the obvious choice but then again a bossy partner gives them motivation!:lol:

so cute...i lovelittle buns for being mad but then agin i had a MASSIVE frenchie who thought she oculd run with the cats and go nuts like a nethie..its all to do with personality honest!!

Out nethie Tiny Tim is an absolute nutter!!!! :shock: Before I adopted him, he lulled me into a false sense of security - he was so cute & cuddley before I brought him home. As soon as he was here & had settled in - he turned into a right naughty little bun :shock::lol: I can't go in his pen without he tries to hang off my jeans legs & he tries to bite me whenever he can :shock::shock::shock: But I love him to bits & wouldn't change him for the world :roll::lol::love:

They're not bonkers.....ok, they are a little bit!!

would you like to tell my two that? I have Rosie who can jump vertically about 2 ft in the air & seems to like doing that & landing on my other rabbits....she also squeaks and stomps if you don't give her enough food. On the other hand I have kung fu panda who thinks the broom is his mortal enemy, can do flying kung fu kicks & has a very loud range of grunts (there's the "move your foot out the way or i'll bite you grunt", the "no I'm not going to be picked up because I'll bite you" grunt, the "that's my food not yours, give it or I'll bite you grunt" & of course the "run away broom you know it is futile to fight" grunt).

I love them to pieces and tbh neither had a good start in life so it is not surprising that they are a bit off the wall but they are cetainly not laid back, relaxed bunnies in general...they do do good binkies though & quite often 360 degree rolls.

Our Geronimo certainly has that! Although he wouldn't admit it ;)

No neither would Tiny Tim!! But trust me he has!!! :shock::shock::shock: Just been in his pen to give Poppy her meds & he's gone for me big style & bit my ankle!!! Little sod!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

No neither would Tiny Tim!! But trust me he has!!! :shock::shock::shock: Just been in his pen to give Poppy her meds & he's gone for me big style & bit my ankle!!! Little sod!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

They know they can get away with it cos they're so small and cute!!! :lol:

:lol::lol: they all sound like such characters and so much fun. i love ted because she has so much fiestiness in her and grunts over her food so maybe a wee nethie would be the trick for her. hehehe :lol:

I'm sure nobody told my bridge bun, Reggie, that he was a nethie because he was always a little angel. :angel:

I'm convinced that our nethie Tiny Tim suffers from little man syndrome!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I also am also under the impression that many nethies have little man syndrome :lol: Some of them can be more difficult to bond only because they have attitude and usually wont let go of the dominant bun theory.

A normal sized bun with a tiny nethie is usually ok, but a tiny nethie with a huge girl can be :shock:

I need to add that there are always many who do not follow the above rules :D

Back