• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do new bonded buns...

...spend all their time together?

Bean and Truffle do seem to like being with each other. When I get home and get up in the morning they are snuggled together on the top level of their cage. Bean also licks Truffle and Truffle occasionally licks Bean.

However, now for example, one is lead down on the top level and one lead down relaxed in the litter tray! Bean on the level and Truffle in the tray.

Just worried that they should always be sat together!?!Also, hope Bean can see Truffle and visa versa as they are on different levels. Don't want one to think the other one has gone away!

We had a little chase earlier on when they were both nibbling on hay outside their cage for the first time. However, it was a Bean stamp and then little nudge and Truffle ran off!! Bean followed. But it was only the once! Is this also normal?

Sorry if I am freaking out...this is all new to me and don't want to end up doing the wrong thing or breaking the bonds !:?

Hector and honey do this - they always sit apart for some of the day (they both have different favourite places that they like to sit in) but then now and again remember each other and go and snuggle up for a bit :love::love:

Do you sit next to your OH all evening? :lol:

If you are concerned with them chasing or anything restrict their space, so far it sounds like these are doing well.

Is Bean still off his pellets? But on his hay?

I'd say it's perfectly normal. :D
I always consider it one of them 'sleeping on the sofa' :lol:
Faline is very adventurous and Molly is not so my two are often apart, till Faline gets in trouble and goes running back to Molly for reassurance.

Do you sit next to your OH all evening? :lol:

If you are concerned with them chasing or anything restrict their space, so far it sounds like these are doing well.

Is Bean still off his pellets? But on his hay?

This is very true...wouldn't want to sit next to Nick all the time!:lol:

There hasn't been any chasing at all tonight and you can see that Truffle is getting more adventurous. She doesnt scurry back in to her cage when anyone moves! She has also ventured more on to the laminate...going to get the old rugs out from under the bed so she can venture more!

Also she has been grooming bean lots more :love: Bean just seems to love it and sits there lapping it up.

Bean is still off his pellets and LOVES his hay! Literally runs up to us when we have a hand full of hay and just munches away. Have ordered 4Kg of the Oxbow Meadow hay and also some oxbow bunny basics! Couldn't find the A&P. The Oxbow pellets look like they are full of fibre and hay which I suppose is good!:D

Back