• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weird stuff coming out of fidget again!!

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Ok Fidget is producing yet more weird stuff, now in the form of pee

Photo124.jpg

Which is very naughty as it is not peeing on her rug but that just looks so weird and i'm not sure if its normal or not :(

She is about 22 days into a 28 day course of panacur at the moment and eating/pooing normally

Mine have both done wee like that. I'm surprised their wee changes so much! I don;t like the stuff that dries white though! (Or any of it come to mention it! :lol:)

Sure it;s ok! Naughty Fidget

Looks like calcium levels might be higher than normal. Have you given Fidget anything different? If it was my bun (and they do, quite often :roll: ), I would cut back the pellets and stop any changes to veggies for a few days, encourage Fidget to drink plenty and if it doesn't improve get the vet to check her over. :wave:

i don't know how many times i've had to put my bedsheets in the wash and get the carpet cleaner out. She's such a pain to littertrain. I think she's almost there though but as above, the occasional accident will happen. I hope its ok though, maybe it looks bad cause the sheets are black i don't know

Looks like calcium levels might be higher than normal. Have you given Fidget anything different? If it was my bun (and they do, quite often :roll: ), I would cut back the pellets and stop any changes to veggies for a few days, encourage Fidget to drink plenty and if it doesn't improve get the vet to check her over. :wave:

No, she gets her usual pellets and veggies. She doesn't seem to drink a lot to be honest and gets through a regular sized bunny water bottle in about 5 days :shock:

i would say its extra calcium.. which veg are you giving her? some are known to be higher in calcium thatn others and cause the sludgey look more..such as parsley.could substitute for something like corriander? x

All rabbits normally excrete excess calcium and oxalate salts via the urinary tract, and the residue of normal urine will often appear "chalky." However, when excessive amounts of calcium/oxalate salts precipitate in the urinary tract, they sometimes manifest as a thick, curry-colored "sludge" that sometimes has a consistency as thick as toothpaste. This can be very painful in the bladder and when it is passed, and sludge buildup can cause urine leakage and incontinence.

The Color of Urine

Healthy rabbits excrete excess calcium salts via the renal system, and this can give the urine a chalky or opaque appearance. The urine will often dry to a white, chalky residue. Unless the residue is thick, pasty, and the color of mustard powder, this is normal, and should not be considered "sludge."

Normal rabbit urine is usually pale yellow in color, but upon exposure to the atmosphere, compounds in the urine may oxidize to darker yellow, orange, red, or even dark brown. This isn't unusual, and--by itself--is not necessarily a sign of a health problem. Blood in the urine, unless it is from a hemorraghing uterus or very serious problem, is usually not readily visible to the naked eye. Test strips are available at most pharmacies that will tell you whether there is blood in the urine or not, but your vet is the best judge of whether your bunny's urine is normal.

Urine that is very dark immediately when it emerges may indicate that the bunny is dehydrated, and should receive more water, either by mouth or--in more serious cases--via administration of subcutaneous Lactated Ringer Solution.

this is what i found on a website: http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/urinary.html

She has had a fair bit of parsley recently actually! That could be it! It's all gone now anyway so i will stop giving her as much.

Thanks for all the info :)

Back