• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone??

dinklepip

Alpha Buck
Has anyone put their buns out on the lawn yet. Seems pretty mild out there especially when the sun does come out (and we know that aint often). Mine have a run attached to their hutches on the patio so they have that freedom all day until my bedtime?

I'd check the weather report each day, but there's no reason why they can't be out during the day time :)

My buns have dailt free range even when damp (including my rex) :shock: is that bad?

Nope, as long as they have somewhere dry to shelter.

I think dinklepip's buns are house rabbits, which is why he/she is wondering about putting them outside yet :)

My outdoor buns are on the grass everyday now. I didn't put them out during the very hard frost.to protect the lawn really:oops:. Milly my housebun:)cry:sadly passed away now:cry:) had several lovely afternoons in a sunny sheltered part of the garden after the snow went, and she seemed to love it. I'm so glad she felt the sun on her back during the days leading up to her passing.

It was in the upper 70s here today and is supose to get to the mid 80s tomorrow but I am afraid to let Julie out into the back yard. She is a house rabbit. She use to love to play in the garden until I found out a local bunny almost died from warbles. We seem to have a lot of it around because we never get a hard freeze. Poor Julie. Is there any way to let rabbits play outside and still protect them? She loves to dig.

mine have been out all year tho during the snow they only had short periods on the lawn during day and in overnight.. but its fine now!! x

Nope, as long as they have somewhere dry to shelter.

I think dinklepip's buns are house rabbits, which is why he/she is wondering about putting them outside yet :)

nooo they arn't house rabbits, they are outside on the patio in 4 hutches with an attached run

Has anyone put their buns out on the lawn yet. Seems pretty mild out there especially when the sun does come out (and we know that aint often). Mine have a run attached to their hutches on the patio so they have that freedom all day until my bedtime?

my buns go out all day, every day on the grass! I dont have a run for my two big buns so I just open the hutch and they choose if they want to go out or not. Most of the time, they are out though but if raining hard, snowing etc they can often be found in the shed or hutch.

My two little bun's also have access to the grass during the day (in a run) and again they are normally out and about in all weather but again they have access to a dry warm hutch if they want to.

Can i ask why is it ok to let indoor buns outside when its cold when i have read that sudden temp change isnt good????:?

Sorry for souunding stupid :oops: but i thought unless it was really warm they had to stay in? :?

I am so excited in letting them on the lawn asap cus I have just purchased an 8' x 4' run for them. They have a 6' x 4' at the mo but it's seen better days and I had so much trouble getting them in at night cus it didn't open at the top and I sometimes had to crawl on my belly on the lawn at one end to fish em both out :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Conjours up allsorts of visions doesn't it. And my language was :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not yet hoping to very soon. I just need to sort out the floor in the playhouse as I only have one run. One can go in the playhouse and one in the run.

Back