• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possible date for bonding Molly and Jack

Ill prob start Friday morning as i have Friday night off. I am terrified and so nervous i really really want this to work. :?

Is there anything i should watch out for, things that mean i should separate etc. I want to be prepared :)

Speaking as a novice myself, the most important thing is to keep calm and try not to worry. ;) Nipping, fur pulling, chasing, humping is all normal- it can look quite scary, especially when it's your two furry babies that are picking on each other but there is no need to intervene.

If there is locked on fighting then I've read that you should separate them briefly - use a broom or something so you don't get bitten - then release. Thankfully that didn't happen with mine so I didn't have to deal with that part.

Good Luck!!! Try to leave them to sort out dominance themselves without intervening [SO much easier said than done]. You may find you need a glass [or 2] of wine;)

Back