• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burns green oat hay smell???

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Ive just opened my first bag of Burns Green Oat Hay and stuck my nose in to smell it, don't ask me why! Anyway it smells a bit like mushrooms?! Is that normal? I've never had a bag of this before?

ETA If there's something wrong with it will my bunnies know and just not eat it or will they just munch away and get ill?

Last edited:
Yes it is a bit, Ive removed it from the hay basket my gut instinct tells me it's not right! Just my luck, I ordered 2 bags of hay the first one was completely the wrong one and this one smells like it's mouldy! I guess you get what you pay for I'll stick with the hay experts from now on!!

I get it all the time for Daisy and it usually has a sweet smell (I like sniffing it :oops:) so your bag must be off. That's rubbish considering it's expensive and you only get 900g for your money. Complain!

Yes I will do! I've already sent a message about the wrong order :( I tend to gauge if my bunnys will like it from the smell, hence smelling it when I opened it!

Back