• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

not really a health issue,how do two dutches produce black babies

not really a health issue or any concern ,but our two tinies are getting their fur being a week old and are jet black ,does this happen a lot?just thougt it was odd as the parents were agouti dutch,the remaining kits [5 died] are doing so well ,getting fat little tummies and megan is a great mum,she enjoyed a small run in the garden yesterday,also is this ok ,so soon after having a litter she is inside at present but normally has a good run ,it as so spring like yesterday,thanks

a friend of mine is a dutch breeder and i have never seen any all black ones with him...some have been more black than others but i havent seen a pure black one...are yours 100% dutch?

she wasn't from a rescue but a friend had taken her in,as an emergency, but had no garden time etc ,the owners had said she was aggressive and viscious and wanted her put to sleep[we think they didn't realise the work],my friend had stepped in trying to find her a home,when i saw her little face ,i didn't want anything to happen to her ,she was so shy and scared ,but no aggression,just terrified ,she was also pregnant,now shes great really happy and loves a cuddle,we think they labelled her because they wanted rid of her,we love her to bits she brightens every day,x

Back