• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny with cancer

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Just had one of my bunnies diagnosed with a body mass believed to be cancer:cry::cry:

Is there any connection with a bunny with cancer and a bunny not liking the cold outside when there are an outside bunny, if that makes sense

The only bunny I have had with severe cancer was Edith, who had multiple abdominal tumours. She was a house rabbit but we gave her round the clock snugglesafes as she always wanted to be on the heat. We had 3 just for her that we alternated day and night so she was always warm so I guess the heat does help make them comfortable. :)

Are they able to operate Theo?

I agree with the cold and feeling it more :( Luckily, Tilly-Mint was an bun who lived in the big bunny-house and it was warm in there - she still liked to play out in the garden on sunny days but of a night, she had a heatpad and snuggled up to her Buster :love:

Sexy-Bun had an inoperable tumour and he was a house bun - he also felt the cold more and would have times where he liked to snuggle into you for the warmth and also had a heatpad as well as his partner Kracker:love:

Minnie-Moo had a tumour that we didn't know about, she was a house bun and we used to see her practically living in the fire:shock: We knew something was wrong when she started refusing to go out in the garden unless it was really warm - we found out about her tumour a few months later.

When we have buns that really start to fee the cold we start to go on alert as it can be something bad :(

Oh! never heard of that stuff Jason, where do you get it?

http://arthursjuice.com/

it's the 2nd 1 from the right

If you don't have it near your city

Go to

http://www.genesistoday.com/genesis_today_products/acai_100.html

You can buy this anywhere, it doesn't taste good as it tastes very sour, but it's very good for your health (or your bun)

However, I treated Goofball mostly (at least 90%) w/ blackberry only, w/ the remaining using Heal X.

I did use those ?? tea that Tree suggest, but looking back, I would buy Heal X:

If you don't have time or money on buying that level of black berries, I very highly recommend you to buy this substance called Heal-X Booster

http://www.exoticdvm.com/index.cfm?...ction&productGroup_id=108&parentGroup_id=116&

it's cheap, and 1 bottle can heal many rabbits from cancer

this link shows your UK distributor:

http://www.exoticdvm.com/distributors

essentially it's anti toxic substance that stop cancer cell from forming

But

Sorry to read you have a bun with cancer. My 11 year old Molly was diagnosed with "masses" a month after I adopted her :(. I gave her this Essiac tincture after someone on here suggested it. I had another wonderful 15 months with her... did the Essiac help... who knows but I thought it was worth a shot.

http://hwize.com/essiac/essiac.html?notknown

Good luck.

p.s. Molly was an outside bun and never suffered from that.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that :( I've just had a bunny diagnosed with lymphoma after she had a lump removed and tested - I think the vet is going to try chemo so if you want a chat about treatmeant or anything like that (or just how you feel about it :(), please just pm.

Sorry to read you have a bun with cancer. My 11 year old Molly was diagnosed with "masses" a month after I adopted her :(. I gave her this Essiac tincture after someone on here suggested it. I had another wonderful 15 months with her... did the Essiac help... who knows but I thought it was worth a shot.

http://hwize.com/essiac/essiac.html?notknown

Good luck.

p.s. Molly was an outside bun and never suffered from that.

I also use the above on Goofball except in tea format, as recommend by Tree, Marlene and other people. It's useful, but the reason I switch to Heal X is that Heal X is very concentrated. But the above product is not familiar to me, my one is a essiac tea powder that I have to boil and mix w/ water to give it to my bun

regardless, don't get discourage by cancer. I see 2 major way a bun or a human can get cancer:

1) abnormal negative influence: 2nd hand smoke, inhale paint, etc.

2) the body creates the abnormal cells

Most bun falls in category 2. You have to remember that since the body creates it, it can un-do it. The solution I post above, especially the long post on Goofball does work very nicely. Since she fully recover, I'm convince that having cancer is not the end of the world for a rabbit

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions, I was wondering about the cold as I had noticed this before with another bunny that had cancer and sadly went to the bridge and this bunny has started not to like the cold which is strange because he was an outdoor bunny, thank you Jay for confirming my thoughts on it.

I will go through all the other information, thank you all so much

Back