PDA

View Full Version : Fabric stair gates

angeleyes
24-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Does anyone use a fabric stair gate like this one -
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3760907/Trail/searchtext%3ESTAIR+GATE.htm

The house is nearly ready and i will have a pair of buns living upstairs and a pair downstairs so don't want any climbing the stairs! all the ones with bars i have seen are too far apart and lionel will just squeeze through easily!

I wonder how chew proof this one is? :roll:

Snowberry
24-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Not sure without seeing it up but looking at the pic I think a bunny might be able to slip underneath!

angeleyes
24-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Not sure without seeing it up but looking at the pic I think a bunny might be able to slip underneath!

Hmmm good point, i didn't even notice that! Looks like it might have to be an ordinary one with some mesh over it or something :?

Phoebesmummy9
24-02-2009, 09:42 PM
well, its a pressure one, so i imagine you could have it sitting lower in the door, than what they do on the pic!

donnamt
24-02-2009, 09:45 PM
i reakon itd take pearl 10mins to get thro that fabric :shock:

looks nicer than bars tho :D

angeleyes
24-02-2009, 09:47 PM
i reakon itd take pearl 10mins to get thro that fabric :shock:

looks nicer than bars tho :D

Yep Lolly is the same :roll: she chewed through a cushion in less than 3! :shock:

donnamt
24-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Yep Lolly is the same :roll: she chewed through a cushion in less than 3! :shock:

:lol::lol::lol: pearl destroyed the soft cat bed thing i had, that was a scary day waiting to see if she pooped foam :shock:, started eating vet bed :shock: shes a monster :lol::lol::lol:

angeleyes
24-02-2009, 09:57 PM
:lol::lol::lol: pearl destroyed the soft cat bed thing i had, that was a scary day waiting to see if she pooped foam :shock:, started eating vet bed :shock: shes a monster :lol::lol::lol:

Oh yes Lolly made quick work of the cat bed as well! Must be something about white bunnies :lol::lol:

Found this other gate now, anyone got one of these?
http://www.monkeyshine.co.uk/parent-and-child-36/at-home-44/kiddyguard-toddler-safety-gate-stairgate-45903.html

donnamt
24-02-2009, 10:00 PM
that looks amazing.... ouch at the price tho :shock::shock::shock:

me and the buns are camping upstairs at the mo and ive bodged together some panels from the pens i use in the cage with tie wraps..... really dodgy but so far keeping buns upstairs lol

Wispa & Zola
24-02-2009, 10:23 PM
we got one of these to stop the dog going upstairs. its more of a barrier because it doesnt open like a door

it doesnt have to be that high off the ground however im sure a bun will chew through it pretty sharpish. the dog had a crate the same material as the stairgate and it was chewed through within an hour.

id suggest a metal stair gate modified. i know people that have put mesh or perspex on their stairgates

angeleyes
25-02-2009, 08:20 AM
we got one of these to stop the dog going upstairs. its more of a barrier because it doesnt open like a door

it doesnt have to be that high off the ground however im sure a bun will chew through it pretty sharpish. the dog had a crate the same material as the stairgate and it was chewed through within an hour.

id suggest a metal stair gate modified. i know people that have put mesh or perspex on their stairgates

Thanks i will have to get the OH modifying a metal one!