• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need some advice...I dont want to be blasted but I need some help :(

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
Hopefuly some of you can help me nicely and give me some advice...i have been umming and arrring on weather to post this on here all day and I dont know what else to do....

here goes..

As some of you know, Lily and Paddy have gone away for a week to be bonded.

So far its been unsucessful...Paddy is being very very dominant over Lily and theyve had to be seperated numurous amounts of times due to fighting. (proper fighting not scuffles)

Lily has obvious problems in the past..after her major surgery and problems with her gut so I am very worried about her going through a lot of stress from a troublesome bond, as it could really cause her some trouble.

Jo (bunnery) who is doing the bond thinks that if theres no imrpovement by friday then it will be a lot harder or even impossible for them to get a long...and because I am worrying about lily I am wondering weather to continue anymore after the weekend....even though I know it does take longer than a week..I thought we'd see a small amount of progress yet theres none..just agression.

The trouble is, if this dosent work out I may have to rehome Paddy as I cant keep two buns seperate in the house, as I have limited space.

This is the part I am worried about talking about as I dont want people thinking I can't be bothered, or that I dont like Paddy etc. As I do...I got him through his EC scare and I like to think I have made a difference to him. I just HAVE to think of Lilys troubles too..and I have had her since she was 8 weeks old.

I just need some advice...as I am so worried and upset over it all.:(

Awww hun you have to do what is best for you and your buns. Your not the first forum member to take on a bun and have to rehome them due to a failed bond, people wont think bad of you. I hope things work out for you :(.

I'm not trying to knock the person who is bonding..but if a pair I'm bonding have a proper fight..I keep them apart for at least three days..completely nowhere near each other..so they can forget the fight..then start again

of it is a bad fight..ie wounds caused..I recommend a four week split before retrying

if you try them together so soon after falling out they will just re-establish their dislike for each other.

If it is just normal fur pulling and a bit of chasing,,then fine to keep trying..but if this is the case they shouldn't be split..just watched round the clock so it doesn't escalate

hope that helps??

I've been in exactly the same situation as you where my two won't get on and Wesley had EC. I wouldn't blame you at all for rehoming Paddy if you can't keep them separate. I keep mine separate by separating a room and they are together but can't actually get at each other. I had thought about getting a friend for Wesley as it is Honey causing the trouble and moving him to the playhouse with a friend. Hope they get on and it gets sorted.

Where are they being bonded? anywhere near other smells or sights of rabbits? Have the actually bitten or drawn blood on each other? cause ive had diffcult bondings with chasing nipping and scruffles but as long as there are actually not bites or blood drawn just patience needed
When i bonded Dandy and Truffle, Truffle bit Dandys willie and a couple of days later attacked him cutting his mouth they were spilt for just over a day and rebonded at Jills so all is not lost if they dont get on instantly

thanks for the responses.

paddy has bitten lily and drawn blood, on her ear. i saw her tonight and its ok and shes alright but a bit jumpy.

i did wonder weather to get them back fri..then try again. but i am hopeless at it, i need help :(

at the moment im thinking its gona be one last try...or rehoming.

i feel just awful though..even though i do understand that not all buns are compatible x

i am hoping to bind yoshi and gizmo [originally thought gizmo was female but turns out he is male too] so i have two nuetered males to try and bond. We tired once and they had a tussle and fur was flying so we seperated! Now they are in seperate hutches and have seperate play times but they sniff each other through the cage normally without aggression and yoshi even lays outside gizmo's just chilling next too him :love:

I am lucky in the sence i can keep my two boys seperate if they don't ever get along but i would be gutted if i couldn't. I feel really sorry for you it must be a horrible situation to be in. :cry: If it does come to having to rehome i am sure you will find someone who can take good care of him. Good Luck anyway :wave:

He won't be rehomed, he would come back to the rescue he came from. I do still think it is very very early days as far as bonding goes and you can't really make a judgement this far into it. Things can change yet so don't give up hope.

He won't be rehomed, he would come back to the rescue he came from. I do still think it is very very early days as far as bonding goes and you can't really make a judgement this far into it. Things can change yet so don't give up hope.

thats what i meant, sorry. i do know he'd be back at rspca.
it is early days and i would like to try someone else. im just worried about lily :(

I would never say never with rabbits. I had two that disliked each other. At least she disliked him and would box him if he got too close. Then after about 6 months she learned how to escape from the part of the garden she was fenced off in and suddenly they were grooming each other... much to the dismay of his wife bun...:)

thats what i do understand

i know it can take a while...but i just get SO worried over lilys health. too much stress could kill her.

and if things are going to take an extremely long time i dont want that :cry:

i would be awful at bonding myself

i really need help..its getting so stressful and upsetting and i just dont know what to do and hate that im gona just look terrrible for it all :cry:

It can take up to 6 months to fully bond it did with Claude and Miffy they hated each other to start with,but when they were bonded they were lovely together and Miffy was so depressed when he died

can anyone else help me with bonding!? :(

Have you tried any of the Fat Fluffs ladies :) Im sure they could sort something out for you... PM Chloe :)

I know your having a hard time hun. Some buns take months to bond :( Lottie and George evenutally bonded after 7 months! It does seem to drag on when bonding. Id help you, but im useless, dont know how i did lottie and George... i mustve been alot calmer last year :?

thanks andrea. i just feel at my wits end now...if lily hadnt of been ill i wouldnt be so worried.

i think i may get in touch with the fat fluffs girls for some help :(

can anyone else help me with bonding!? :(

I would ask Fat fluffs if they mind helping for a donation of course. I would be more than wiling to help but it sounds as though you need an experienced bonder. Good luck hun, i really hope it all works out for you. XxX

its a shame youve had chance to become attached to him... when alvins first bond failed i was slightly gutted but Jubilee had never been mine so its wasnt so heart breaking.

Id be devastated if Alvin and Pearls bond broke now but i have to face the fact if it did Pearl would go back to her other mum if it was not fixable :(

i dont think you should force a bond hun, theres thousands of rabbits out there for your girl to pick from, but maybe next time adopt from a place that will send them home bonded so you dont get attached

big hugs to you xxxxx

i dont think you should force a bond hun, theres thousands of rabbits out there for your girl to pick from, but maybe next time adopt from a place that will send them home bonded so you dont get attached

big hugs to you xxxxx

thank you hun

to be honest thats what i want to do. it isnt fair on my baby. nor is it fair on paddy. i just dont want to face people thinking i am no good.

Back