• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

paper based litter?

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
Ella,and Fletcher being the messy little :censored: they are, have got there hutch really stinky, so today i had it out with the power jet on it and some jeyes to get it clean!
Both of them have thier own litter trays, and use them but still insist on using there hutch as a giant litter tray :shock:
today, ive filled it with massive wedged of newspaper then put paper based cat litter on top! is this ok for them? :?
The other side has hay and straw for them to snuggle in to

I think paper based litter is fine. I use smartcat when I can't get megazorb.

I think with litters the main thing is not using clumping types, as buns could swallow it and have it expand in their stomachs.

Mines a one from tesco :) its just a trial really as ive tried everything I can think of to try and keep there hutch a bit cleaner, as its getting to the point it needs jeyed and a power jetted every 2/3 days and it takes ages as ive got to leave the hutch to dry when ive used the jeyes (nothing else will get rid of the god awful smell)
I orignally thought something was under the lino, but i had all the lino up to and the wood floor underneath is still sqeeky clean!

try BIO CATOLET covered with a nice layer of RUSSELL RABBIT BEDDING....works a treat even with frenchies wee!
mm uneuterd buck just moved in with us and we gotta put up with whiffy whiffs till hes done..and even that cant stop too much of the pong but it does work a heck of a lot better than anything else ive ever tried so far!

Back