• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues in Wirral Area

Smooch

Banned
Hi...newbie alert. :wave: I've just become mummy to a lovely little sooty fawn lionhead boy who's around about 14 weeks. He's a brilliant little guy and is so affectionate and loving even though we've only had him two weeks. We were getting kisses on day two. :love: He's a house bunny and at the moment is in a four foot dog crate and also has a puppy run. He'll be being neutered as soon as his bits can be found. The vet did look the other week but couldn't find anything yet, bless him. He gets a huge amount of attention as my little boy adores him and is always wanting to talk to him, but I do want to find him a little Mrs Bun for when he's up and running after his op. I've bought another four foot dog crate ready for her in case we find one early, so they're going to have a pretty good set up by the time I've finished with it.
I'm seriously in love with lionheads now, so would like another. I would like a little rescue doe but can't travel that far. Are there any rescues in the Wirral area? I know about the RSPCA but they won't rehome to a home with a child under the age of 4 and my boy's not three until July. He's being brought up properly to love and respect animals and will one day save the Orang Utan from extinction. I was brought up surrounded by a whole menagerie of animals and would like my lad to have the same...but starting slowly with the bunnies, which are actually mine although he's not twigged that yet. I'll have to fight him for them. :lol: Thanks for you help.

Hello!:wave:

As you've found this forum, you've probably found RabbitRehome as well (if not, there's a link at the bottom of the page), which is one place to start, as is the Rabbits In Need section of the forum.

You'll also discover that some rescues rehome over a very wide area if not nationally, as a bunny run can usually be arranged so distance shouldn't be a big issue :D

Your little bun sounds lovely - do you have any pictures? We all love to coo over cute bunny pictures!

Ahhh your new bunny sounds lovely. Ive got a little girly lionhead and shes a proper moody madame. Good luck in your bunny hunt would love to see some pics of your little guy.

Hi, and a big welcome to the forum:wave: If you click on the RabbitRehome link at the bottom right of the screen I'm sure you'll find a bunster that catches your eye and heart!! Don't worry too much about distance, as a bunnyrun can usually be arranged:lol::lol:

Ywep we are one of the rescues who rehome nationally..and getting a mrs Bun to you would not be difficult:D

Best to get your boy neutered and let him recover first though..he sounds a cutie so piccies please:D

Thanks to you all for your welcome and advice. I've been trying to get on for a few days under the name of my bunny (Winslow) but for some reason I couldn't get the account activated so I tried again with Smooch, which will be the doe's name when we find her. Winslow and Smooch are two marmoset monkeys on my son's favourite programme and he adores them as they're always upto mischief. Perfect names for buns. :lol:
If I do this right, here's Winslow when he first arrived, hence the very clean vetbed and the very small litter tray, which has been replaced. :roll: Winslow and the future Smooch will have two big crates and the puppy pen to play in...as well as an outdoor run for nice days and the run of the lounge when the small person is asleep. I'll also be messing around with shelves in the crates too, so they'll have a great little home. Sorry the pics are so big...couldn't work out how to shrink them.

Winslow007.jpg

Winslow015.jpg

Winslow009.jpg

Back