• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Re Nomad Please-U/D 25th Feb

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Nomad is feeling much better re his sore willy/bladder sludge problems.
He is extremely bright and active but is very obviously missing Sarah :cry:
He spends ages grooming his toy Bunny and Teddy Bear .....

I only have two other Single Buns, Harry and Fred.
I know that it would be a disaster if I tried to introduce Harry and Nomad. Harry is just too hyper for Nomad.
Fred is a nervous boy who goes into stasis at the slightest hint of stress.

It would be really stupid to try to bond Fred and Nomad wouldnt it ?

I dare not try to bond Nomad into an established bonded pair incase I break the established bond and end up with three more single Rabbits.

I cannot adopt any more Rabbits

Dont know what to do.......:?

Last edited:
I only have two other Single Buns, Harry and Fred.
I know that it would be a disaster if I tried to introduce Harry and Nomad. Harry is just too hyper for Nomad.
Fred is a nervous boy who goes into stasis at the slightest hint of stress.

It would be really stupid to try to bond Fred and Nomad wouldnt it ?

It sounds like you know the answer really :(

Could you put Fred/Nomad/Harry so they are next to each other and see how they get on? Then maybe you could gauge whether it's worth trying Fred & Nomad together (or Fred & Harry)? Just a thought. I'm no bonding expert but our two boys seem to interact even across 3-4 feet between their runs!

I would agree with Kate jane and say try Harry, fred and Nomad in pens next to each other, not together but so they can see smell and interact through bars with each other?

It sounds like you know the answer really :(

Could you put Fred/Nomad/Harry so they are next to each other and see how they get on? Then maybe you could gauge whether it's worth trying Fred & Nomad together (or Fred & Harry)? Just a thought. I'm no bonding expert but our two boys seem to interact even across 3-4 feet between their runs!

Actually thats a very good idea !! I will have a shift about of accomodation and put Fred and Nomad next to each other. I got myself so worked up about risking a full-on bonding attempt that I never thought about putting the lads next to each other :oops:

Did you manage to put them next to each other Jane? If so how are they getting on? I agree with what you said about Harry he's way to hyper for poor little Nomad! :shock: xx

Did you manage to put them next to each other Jane? If so how are they getting on? I agree with what you said about Harry he's way to hyper for poor little Nomad! :shock: xx

I have some serious cage/run shifting to do first !!
Hopefully Fred and Nomad will get on as nextdoor neighbours to start with :)

I added Pickle to my bonded pair and it has made Toffee such a happy bunny now. The 3 of them just utterly adore eachother.

Nomad a Fred are now nextdoor neighbours. After some intial thumping from Nomad and hiding away from Fred they now appear quite chilled.
It would be lovely if I could eventually bond them but I am certainly not going to rush anything.

Back