• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Locks on happy hutches

Rose

Mama Doe
Has anyone put locks on their happy hutches. My mum is agreeing to me getting Jack and Molly a HH for the summer but only if there is padlocks on it.

There are no padlocks on them but they can be easily added and can be baught cheaply. I have done this with my happy hutches.

Hmm i am thinking of changing my mind and keeping them indoors and getting them a large run for the garden :?

You can buy latches and stuff quite cheaply from wilkinsons.

That's where I got mine from - the hasp and staple thingies (think that's what they're called :oops:) were about a pound each and so were the padlocks.

Does anyone have any piccies of their hutch with the locks so i can get a idea if you dont mind of course :wave:

Thanks

Here's a picture of my happy hutch and locks:

locks.jpg

Here is a (very dark) photo of the locks i've added onto my happy hutch. The locks were only 49p each from wilko

Closeupofbolt.jpg

I use the hasp and staples but instead of using padlocks I use carabinas a bit like these:

I use those for daytime and put the padlocks on at night. ;) Mine came off the ends of a couple of pens from a poundshop. ;)

I'm still thinking about it, i keep changing my mind :roll:

I wanted padlocks for when we are not at home and at night as we dont have a side gate so its easy access to our back garden and theres a bunch of kids around here who would probably think its fully to let someones rabbits out :? :censored:

I'm still thinking about it, i keep changing my mind :roll:

I wanted padlocks for when we are not at home and at night as we dont have a side gate so its easy access to our back garden and theres a bunch of kids around here who would probably think its fully to let someones rabbits out :? :censored:
Get some of the security hasp & staples then. They really are easy to use with those little padlocks :)

Back