• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a really down day ......

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
ive just got back from the vets with the grey lop from the plymouth 14 rescue we did :cry::cry: yesterday i noticed their was blood in the cage:shock: i thought it was from him and his brother fighting so split them up:? checked both bunnies over couldnt find any wounds:? when i checked laurel the grey lop over i could feel little lumps under the skin between his legs,( no they arent his testicles) on examination by the vet today it turns out he has 5 little and 1 huge abscess,es :cry::cry: he,s going in for surgery tomorrow.

all i wanted to do was help theses poor bunnies and its crippling me financially :cry::cry::cry: I now feel im not doing the bunnies any favours.

sorry for the rant im just thoroughly worn out with all the worry:cry::cry::cry:

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time. Such high vet bills seem to be the order of the day with these bigger rescues. Nessa has cost us so much money and now it seems we are going to loose her :( so I know a little of how you are feeling.

Some of the 14 have been reserved haven't they? I know its hard but try to focus on the positives from this situation too :(

Is there a fundraiser been done for these bunnies? I think if there isnt you should start one hun. Vibes for the poor little mites.

ETA. Oops just read the other posts :oops:

Back