• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

crows plucking my rabbits

devoted2buns

Mama Doe
a neighbour told me today that a crow but his beak through my rabbit run and started plucking my buns fur out :shock: my bun didnt seem to mind apparently :shock: what can i do to stop this, make a scare crow :lol:

I don't know how to stop them but I have seen the crows walk around behind my bunnies in the garden pulling their fur out,my bunnies are contis.They say some crows go for the bunnies eyes but thankfully I have never experienced this.I used to brush my dog Lottie,she had a very long coat and leave the fur on the lawn.The crows would then take that for nesting as It was easier than walking behind the bunnies fur pulling.

I don't think the crows mean any harm :D Like Maizey said, they'll be collecting it for their nests. They come in our garden as well and take bits of straw and hay. My bunnies are used to them now and don't bother about them - unless they try and get Sooty's veggies :no: If it bothers you or them, put a smaller mesh round the run so the birds can't get their beaks in.

Yeah its the time of year [nesting].You could leave some straw or hay out for them and see if that stops them.:D

our local rooks decimate our lawn every year in dorset. I think if it was troubling them the buns would move away from the netting....the crows may just be taking what is moulting off.....however you can try suspending cd's on wire which can sometimes scare them off or try and give them something else to have a go at like hay & moss.

thanks guys, glad its only a seasonal thing!! theres hay and straw every where that they can help themselves too. Will brush all the dogs later outside so they can help themselves to that.

Are you able to brush your bunnies regularly and leave the fur out for the birds to take. I have seen this done somewhere before but can't think where :? anyway it worked well :D

Back