• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another P@H **** up!

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
I was in the vets earlier and the lady on reception I chat to asked if I had any room for more buns, another customer had found herself with 16 rabbits after Pets at Home wrongly sexed her bunnies, she went back and they said we're really sorry, here's a cage! The woman cares a lot about the buns and is doing the best she can to find good homes but I can't help thinking this simply isn't good enough. When they sex bunnies at the vets they check them with at least 3 members of staff, not just some spotty teen who doesn't know what they're doing!

(PS: Sorry to all the genuinely good P@H staff, I know they're out there somewhere!)

Last edited by a moderator:
A cage?! What use will that be?

Are they not offering to pay for there neuters, lol I guess not :roll:

Poor woman...

Apparantly not! Nor did they offer to help her rehome them, although I think the woman would rather have done it herself anyway from the sounds of it!

If the lady goes back to the store and speaks to the manager I'm sure more would be offered
I know this wouldn't make up for their mistake and staff should be better trained
but it would be worth her asking:?

If the lady goes back to the store and speaks to the manager I'm sure more would be offered
I know this wouldn't make up for their mistake and staff should be better trained
but it would be worth her asking:?

Yep, I second this. The store should do more to help with the situation and that includes helping with vet bills.

Seeing as she's a caring owner that purchased the bun(s) in good faith, could she contact a consumer programme on the TV and get them involved? They may be interested as it good be a sensationalistic story round about Easter time.

Seeing as she's a caring owner that purchased the bun(s) in good faith, could she contact a consumer programme on the TV and get them involved? They may be interested as it good be a sensationalistic story round about Easter time.

Thats a good idea.

I'd also deffinatley go back if I was her and speak to someone high up in the store.

The same happened with us, they told us Lily was a boy until the vets told us otherwise. Luckily she'd been with other lady buns or goodness know what'd happen!

I hope the lady manages to find homes for the lovely babies!

I got my buns from P@H and they sexed mine wrong.

They sold me two boys, but two days later when I took them to be vaccinated I found out that Haggis was a girl :shock: Thankfully I caught it soon enough so I didn't end up knee deep in baby buns.

I did complain to them that they weren't sexing the buns properly and they didn't really care.

I may have got the wrong end of the stick but presumably her rabbits have had more than one litter for her to end up with 16 rabbits. Why did the lady not split the up rabbits earlier?

Back