• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor bunnies & cooking!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Everytime I cook, the buns run for cover and hide in a box in the lounge?! They stay in there for ages! What's that all about? Do other peoples indoor buns have issues with their cooking or is it just mine.... it's not like they have to eat it, only I have to suffer that fate :lol:

:lol::lol: I have no idea but it made me laugh. Im sure someone else can offer something more constructive than me:wave:

Our house is an upside down house.Our kitchen/lounge is upstairs and our master bedroom is downstairs but we've made this into another lounge where b can be free range and we sit and chill with her.If I bring any hot food down and sit and eat it down there she goes mad and hides in the shower room.We once had a bun who was scared of bowls and used to crawl on her belly with ears out stretched to investigate!!:lol:Aren't they strange!!!The only other thing B is scared of is the hoover so I always shut her in her cage when hoovering.

Bean hates it when we are cooking. We have just turned the oven on for dinner and as per normal he has run into his little tent. This time he is taken Truffle with him!:love:

Oh that is so funny, my Piper does the same thing!! Anytime I am cooking anything aromatic, she hides in the corner and won't come out for anything! It took me ages to connect the two, but everytime without fail she hides when we cook... Silly bun! :lol::lol:

Simba used to do that when he was my only rabbit in my flat :shock: I always wondered why he went off hiding. It didnt matter what i was cooking he always did the same if i turned the oven on or was cooking on the hob :?

:lol::lol: My indoor bunny is the same she runs as fast as her little legs can go slippin and slidin across the floor,only the female one tho the male isnt bothered by much

not to rub it in... im sure your cooking is delicious BUT.. i have to shoo my pair out of the kitchen and shut the door when im cooking :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well I feel so much better knowing my bunnies aren't completely loopy or maybe it's not just my stinky cooking :lol: I was thinking maybe they would prefer to be outside if they hate indoor smells so much!

ETA oh Donna just read your post must have sneaked in when I was doing mine :lol: just when I was feeling better about my cooking ha-ha-ha

I use onions ans garlic in a lot of things I wonder if it's that that is too much for them?

Last edited:
:lol::lol:

I too have to shut the kitchen door when im cooking. Ronnie was once nearly IN the oven when i opened the door! Ever since, i keep the door shut, and he sits outside the door waiting :lol:

When im preparing dinner, or tidying after dinner, hes also dancing round my feet :lol: xXx

Our house is on a hill side so the neighbour at the back's roof is level with the garden. When they light a fire the buns always used to get a bit stressed by it. (Presumably their natural reaction to smoke & fires in the wild) They're fine with it now though, although you do end up with smoked bunnies when you go to give them a cuddle and they've been sat out in it!

Really? You have to fend off Scamp :lol: He's standing up by your feet as soon as the fridge opens, or you use the chopping board. Can't make toast without him assuming its for him :lol:

Really? You have to fend off Scamp :lol: He's standing up by your feet as soon as the fridge opens, or you use the chopping board. Can't make toast without him assuming its for him :lol:

lol Deej is like that pressed up against the glass of the kitchen door as if you are in the kitchen it must be because he's hungry! :lol:

That is funny that some of your bunnies react like that to cooking. Julie loves it when we cook. She is under foot and is always right there when ever the frig or pantry door is opened. She assumes everything is made for her and begs like mad. She tries to climb into the frig and pulls anything loose out onto the floor. Funny thing is if she is asleep and I drop something onto the floor that is bunny friendly ......I yell clean up isle 7 and she will come hopping......to clean the mess up.

Back