• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

coco-bozo updated 27/2/09

bunlover

Warren Veteran
well u may remember coco went in for his op to be neutered adn came around from anestetic fine adn pooped and ate fine.. then managed to pull open his wound and make it all swollen and bloody. well they gave him metacam and baytril and it all seemed to go down the swelling i mean..... then took him in for final check up today and.... its healed wrong :( he has somehow managed to pull the tube into the middle so although its healing the internal tube bit is healing inbetween the normal healing folds of skin...

so now he ahs to go back under ga tommorrow to have corrective surgery so that it all heals normally suffice to say he is back on the metacam and the baytril and all bonding thoughts are off again.... vibes please for my booy who to look at you wouldnt know anyhting was wrong!!!!! :( previous thread about him...
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=168338

Last edited:
Poor Coco, he really is having a bad time :(

Will be thinking of you tomorrow

thanks he is so bouncy in himself and so wriggly when upside down its so hard to check him.... i feel like iv let him down but not a lot i can do now.. worrying a bit about another ga... tho vet says no reason he wouldnt be fine(and ido have every confidence in them) but it is now the 3rd one since december...dental then neuter and now corrective tommrrow. sigh. he so loving and friendly in himself and is gobbling anything and everything he can... i even let him out in garden for a quick run yesterday as i genuinly felt he was fine again... feelling bad for doing that now he could have got infected or anything....... he will have another day or so cage rest and is obviously staying indoors another 10 days.... :( but as it heals will be allowed to run supervised indoors.

Oh no Kate, just when we thought he'd be fine :roll:

Hope the surgery goes ok tomorrow, give him a nose rub from me :)

Oh no Kate, just when we thought he'd be fine :roll:

Hope the surgery goes ok tomorrow, give him a nose rub from me :)

thankyou to everyone for vibes... and vicky i know!!! i was surprised..... but it needs doing i could clearly see when there were 2 f us holding him and feel sad :( hoping he will be ok... he is such a little charactor... he siad thankyou for his nose rubs.... x

Last I heard he was really sleeping but Tom was going to pick him up so hopefully he's able to sleep it off at home.

Hope you feel better soon little man :love:

hi sorry i havent been able to update before he came home yesterday as he wouldnt eat in vets.. tom rang me and said he wasnt eating but was pooping and weeing.. so i asked him if he had eaten anything at all.... ha had had a nibble of various bits and pieces so i was happier.. when i came home i went to check on him... he had a whoile spring green leaf in his cage.. i said oh dear you arent feeling hungry then... then i checked the fridge he ate about half a spring green pack!!!:shock::shock: tom sadi it was all he fancyed(coco not tom :lol:) but since then he ate his dried too. around midnight he worried me as was all flopped out and wouldnt move when i touched him... i picked him up and he was all floppy in my arms i paniced.. then he wriggled and settled in to snuggle me.... after about 15 mins he got up off my lap and stretched opened his eyes and tried to jump off..spraying me in the process... then went back in cage to eat.. apparently id woken him up!!!! still glad he ok and so far no licking wound today. has had metacam adn has had his breakfast so he is fine. seems bright and bouncy even on cage rest!!! x

Kate have you pm'd me at all in the past few weeks? I read in a thread about ebay buns that you had but I have never received one :? I also haven't had a reply to the one I sent weeks ago about visiting which I thought was odd too. I just wonder if there is a problem in receiving your pm's :?

Kate have you pm'd me at all in the past few weeks? I read in a thread about ebay buns that you had but I have never received one :? I also haven't had a reply to the one I sent weeks ago about visiting which I thought was odd too. I just wonder if there is a problem in receiving your pm's :?

i didnt pm you about ebay bunnys? only that someone should pm you to send the standered message you normally put out. sorry cant help any more hopefully you have got my pm..have jsut sent u another(tho i did reply im sure befoer) tho its all been a bit crazy wtih vet and coco.

:wave::wave:

Got your pm today :D But definately didn't get the last one :? Regards the ebay buns, I thought you said reported to Liz but it said report to Liz my mistake :oops:

Least we have caught up now :)

:wave::wave:

Got your pm today :D But definately didn't get the last one :? Regards the ebay buns, I thought you said reported to Liz but it said report to Liz my mistake :oops:

Least we have caught up now :)

no worrys once i know coco is back hundred percent on his feet i will arrange to visit u! been having car troubles last week too so getting to and from vets was a bit of a night mare.... thank god tom did various short term fixes.. tommorrow car off the road while he does proper work!!!!

anyhows... coco update.... he is fine today bouncing around has had 2 days cage rest and now building up his space indoors gradually the vets &nurses were all pleased to see him it turns out he is quite the favourite there!!!! they even said oh we have a bag of rabbit food no one wants.. it goes out of date end of month and cant sell it do you want it? for coco for free? so he has an extra gift off them!!!! lol he wont eat all a bag(2kg) by end of month!!! but he can have some noww and a gain as an extra treat i know nutritional value isnt garenteed after use by date(before someone says.) but it seems ok and wont be instead of his normal food. just as a small treat now and again(its excel he is on wagg) x

Back