• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She is here!!!

Saucepot

Alpha Buck
My little girl I adopted from a rescue, collected her yesterday. She is quietly settling in :love: She is so pretty and happy to be stroked. I will upload pics shortly. She was called Saucy but I have renamed her Sophie Saucepot!

A few questions as I am new to buns:
How can I tell if she is relaxed/happy? she doesn't mind me stroking her in her cage, is eating everything and using her litter tray. She has spent much of today on top of her cardboard box-I put vetbed on top and she is stretched out on it :love: does this seem ok? she hasn't come out yet, she peeped out a few times but I guess she is nervous still.

Do buns HAVE to have straw to eat or is meadow and timothy hay ok?

What is best to put in her litter tray? I have some aubiose in there along with lots of hay, is this ok?

Any tips to help her settle in? (she is a house bun)

Have taken a couple of snaps, will upload them shortly!

Thanks all :)

straw is not nutritional hay is best!! so you doing the right thing there! laying out being stroked and tooth purring or flopping or binkying(will come with trust) are all signs a bun is happy.. i think with time she will settle in fine xx

Thank you! I wasn't sure about the straw-what is tooth purring and binkying? (sorry)!!

Some pics:

2009_0223general0001.jpg

2009_0223general0004.jpg

oh she is gorgeous!!!! :love:

Binkying is there they jump around and run about really fast, its really funny to watch! ha ha

She's very pretty and looks very relaxed!

Tooth purring is when they grind their teeth very softly whilst you stroke them.

:lol: those were so cute Cat!! I will recognise binkying now :D

Thanks guys...she hid for a while when the kids were watching the simpsons as it ws a bit loud (made them turn it down :lol:) but she is busying herself eating the oat hay I just put in :love:

lots of bunny learning to do....:love:

Back