• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yoshi Won't Stop Malting

yoshi&gizmo

Alpha Buck
Hi all

Just a quick question for you. As we are all aware we have had some dodgy weather lately which has really confused our bunny's malting pattern, so i am doing regular brushing on both yoshi and gizmo, however yoshi is malting constantly!!:shock:
You don't need to brush him, even when he sits on you, you are covered! I brushed him last night and he was loving it chattering away and again this morning as i was concerned at the amount of fluff that was coming off him. I thought i was going to have a bald bunny but no he is still a fluff ball. Although he is a lion lop apart from his main and chest he is short haired but his coat is super thick at the moment.

Is there anything i can do to help the malting along? I am just greatful that he enjoys being brushed. :love:

Also Gizmo seems to have semi stopped malting too! :?

the best way to get fur out is with damp hands rather than a brush - have a small dish of water, just dip your fingertips in to slightly dampen your hands - rub it all over then stroke the bunny, then rubbing both hands together, roll up all the hair into a ball, drop it and repeat the process.

you could also give them both oxbow papaya tablets to help the hair pass through their guts, and offer a dish of water to them twice a day - put a splash of boiling water in from the kettle to warm it up and offer it to them as they forget to drink sometimes - they really need plenty of water to keep the hair moving through them - and of course barely any pellets plus mountains of fresh hay daily will help :)

Back