• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dogs destroyed my runs ...

Stephy

Alpha Buck
Dear All

Last Thursday I had loose dogs (a Jack Russel and possibly a mastiff/staffy) come into my garden and kill all 4 of my outdoors bunnies (see the 'health' section of this forum, and also an addition to my website www.myxomatosis.weebly.com).

I have included some photos to show what damage was done - I have had a fox in the garden in the past but sustained no damage to these runs. I just wanted to warn people really - everything was supposedly 'fox-proof'.

:(

http://myxomatosis.weebly.com/dog-damage-to-runs.html

:shock::cry: That's horrendous. I'm so sorry , you must be devastated. Do you know who owns these dogs? If so, will you be going for a prosecution?

I'm so sorry this happened. :(:( Sleep tight bunnies. xx

Thank you for taking the time to let us know as it's always helpful to know exactly what dogs/foxes etc are capable of.

Dear everyone

Thank you so much for your kind words, it means a lot. I feel so sad for them that I didn't hear anything and wake up in time .... :(

I'm not going to prosecute, have phoned the police and rspca and it's supposedly being sorted out. I have only house bunnies now x

It just so awful, I don't know how you can bear it. I think mine runs are safe from foxes (touches wood) but a bull terrier or mastiff? they're so strong. :cry::cry::cry:

That's horrible :(

Unless the owners had a good excuse and were extremely & genuinely apologetic (in which case you'd expect them to offer compensation anyway) I'd be taking them to small claims for the cost of all the property the dogs damaged - fence & runs.

Tam

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry::cry:
I don't dare to see the pictures. As the others said, the dog owners should be made to pay compensation.

Back