• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

confusing rabbit behaviour - licking then scarpering

I was feeding the buns last night and making sure everything was in order before leaving them for the night

Whilst filling up their pellet and water bowls, I was stroking cody for being such a good boy and not try to escape, and along came bonnie who gave me a load of sloppy licks on my hand :love::love:

as a reward, I offered them a couple of grapes, cody ate his whilst I was holding it without any fuss, but bonnie did her usual, snatch and run off to eat

why does she do this ? the licking is obviously affection (isn't it), but the running away would seem to be some form of insecurity. for the most part she is quite happy for me to give her nose rubs and stroking, but picking up is still a bit subject to her moods

Most rabbits do this when they get some food they like. They just run away and find somewhere to eat it where they think noone will find them and steal their treat :lol:

Back