• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why did you pick your rabbits name?

Sam_Spice

Mama Doe
Just wondering :D :D

Spice is called Spice because my other half wanted to call her Posh Spice when we were coming up with names (on the walk home from the petshop hehe) so I agreed to meet him half way haha :p

Ozzy is called Ozzy because he already had a name! YAY :D

p.s. i hate picking names, i can never decided so I love pre-named buns haha :D

Holly was named after the computer out of Red Dwarf,Willow after the witch in Buffy,Barley cos it was the only name we both agreed on after reading it on a straw bag!!!:lol:

I named my bun Duncan as it is my OH's second name. I names Sally after my Mum. Penny - my OH half chose it. Originally it was Polly and I called her Polly Pocket but he changed his mind to Penny so I still call her Penny Pocket. Frank is Frank just because!

Billy....cos he was the last one left when my mum got him and so he was Billy no mates.

Bonnie came with her name

Buster ....cos hes a big thug of a bunny,he was a stray and my vets had named him Thugsy!

Rosie....came with her name

Jack...came with his name but he was named after Jacksjane's Jack

Indigo my daughter chose her name cos shes a black bunny.

Alexander ...cos its a grand name for a grand bunny :lol:

Cinders...my grandaughter named her Cinderella

Pixie and Pandora....cos theyre pretty names for pretty bunnies

Angel came with her name

Bugsy came with his name

Thumper was named because he is like Thumper from Bambi and he used to always thump his foot when he was about to get dinner :lol:

Millie because she is black and white and reminded me of a big cookie and thought of Millie's Cookies which i LOVE :oops:

Gizmo was named Gizmo because he looked like a little Gremlin when he was 3 weeks old :lol:

Skye because it suited him :)

Fudge because before I was allowed to keep her (one of the four of millies babies which we kept all of :lol:) We referred to her as the Fudgie coloured one and it stuck as Fudge!

And Blackie was a nightmare to name, Same as Fudge we referred to him as the black one or blackie and thought of so many names but Blackie just seemed right :roll:

And my Bfs hamster is called George because when he was in the pet shop he was the fattest and was so curious about everything so i thought of curious George :lol: Hes a big softie :lol:

Totti - 'cos when I saw him, it was love at first sight same as the first time I'd set eyes on Francesco Totti :oops:

Brody (now at the Bridge) after Brody Dhal the lead singer of the punk band The Distillers ('cos she had a tuft of hair between her ears that looked punky to me :oops: )

Spike and Kiki - already named by the Rescues.

Billie-Joe - has the most beautiful eyelinered eyes just like his namesake (Billie-Joe Armstrong)

Chester - well I had to carry on with the rock God theme and it fits as he has more black markings on him, which I think equates to tattoos :oops:.

A bit of a theme going on here... and lots of embarrassment from moi :oops:

i called ted, ted because i thought she was a boy and looked like a teddy bear. so when i found out she was a girl i couldn't change her name cos she's still my cuddly teddy. i called petal, petal because she was a beautiful as a flower with her fancy blue eyes. :D

Hunny - cos when I found her wandering the streets I called RSPCA and PDSA and kept on describing her as a white bunny with honey coloured markings, so Hunny (she was actually called smudge :?)
Mustard - cos his markings down his side look like a pot of wholegrain mustard!:)
Micholas - I adopted from Tree, that was his name and it really suits him.:)
Miffy - That was they name she had when she was dumped on my doorstep.:(
Pootle - Foster bun, so she will have that name until adopted atleast (but I think it suits her too) ;)
Aunt Sally - Was just Sally, but she is the oldest of my own buns, so she is auntie to the others. ;)

Nunzeo is from a TV show 'Dharma and Greg' they had 2 dogs called Nunzeo and Stinky. Don't think he'd have liked being called stinky.

Abbey after a pony I used to know, who was a naughty white pony, and Abbey is a naughty white bunny. Suits her well.

i wanted to call honey sunny bcoz she was so bright and active but sunny sounded boyish so we decided honey... pepsi and misty were already named when we got them a presume from there colourings...

Where do I start... :roll::lol:

Casper, my first bunny, was called Casper because he was white with blue eyes.

Benji just looked like a Benji. :D

Pippa: took us ages, we thought of lots of different names until midnight when hubby came up with Pippa, which I liked.

Sunny because he was such a lovely sunny character.

Toby just looked like a Toby.

Charlie is a black and white lionhead girl with a black mustach... Charlie Chaplin...

Apollo was a big white British Giant, who needed a majestic name. Apollo suited him.

Lancelot was Conti x French Lop and needed a big name too, Lancelot was the perfect choice.

Magic is a very fluffy lionhead lop and looked so cute when a baby (still does now... :love:), he needed a magical name. :D

Angel was a wild rabbit cross and we knew she was going to be a handful, we thought she definitely wasn't going to be an angel, so called her Angel because of that. (And we were very right... :lol:)

Alaska is a white lionhead, I googled for a name for a white animal. Alaska suited him.

Dakota is a white French Lop. I was going to have a little bunny called Cheyenne, who unfortunately died in rescue before I could get her home. I wanted another native Indian name, hence Dakota.

Trystane, I adopted her as a boy rabbit baby. She is a French Lop x Conti and therefore needed a big name. When Trystan turned out to be a girl, I added an "e" to the name to feminise it... :lol:

River is a name I just love and it suits my big Champagne D'Argent very well.

Thomas is a little "normal" grey/white bunny and Thomas just jumped out at me as a name. :love: He's pet name is Thommy Tom Tom... :lol:

Chloe because I think its such a lovely pretty name and sort of the same with Bella. Dutchie was already named but I kept it because it suits him he is a typical naughty Dutch

I couldn't think of any names for my bunny. My OH made a few suggestions and as soon as he said Bambi I liked it and thought it suited her :)

I wanted something really girlie for Lola, I had in mind Lolita, Pandora, Paris:shock:, but then heard the song "Her name was Lola she was a showgirl" and it had to be Lola:lol: She gets LolaBunnyBoo, Lollypops, Lolly, Lolita and other names I cant repeat.

Lucy was originally Casper when Natalie rescued him off Freecycle for me. We then found out Casper was a girl. I wanted something that went with Lola but Lucy is sweet and gentle and quiet (not like hooligan Lola) and Lucy kinda stuck.

Stripe - Because of the stripe down her head :)

Smokey - Other halfs kids wanted to call him big smoke (off a game) but settled on smokey & because he has brown fur by his ears :)

Snowy - Well thats cus she is white :)

Mopsy - Erm... because of the ears :)

Ginger - Due to him being Ginger (he is now on the lookout for a girlfiend :) )

How original are these names :lol: :lol:

I spent AGES trying to think of a name for my female bun. All the good names i had were better for boys (Beanz being my favourite). I came up with Amber as she has an Amber coloured patch behind her ears.....which has dispeared now she has her winter coat so now i have a dark brown bun called orange:roll:

bridge buns:
lucky: originally named amy (after a ldy who the previous owner knew who ran around in circles) needed a new name as once she was settled she didnt run in circles.... she had originally been dumped in a cardboard box on a doorstep as had wrong markings for breeder she was an english breed then lived her first few years living under a shed being young i siad she was lucky to have found us. she was the most thoguhtful bun iv ever owned who was nervous to strangers but so loving to us after gaining her trust.

starsky.. was named after starskey and hutch.. we didnt change it as we took her on from people who had shut her in a tiny 2ft hutch and decided her charactor was tough as she loved to play rag like a dog or chase cats!!

chocolate. originally called sooty and came with greg her"brother" into a rescue.. they were both girls... they became chelsea bun and chocolate cake as she was chocolate coloured!

current buns(no pun intended ;)

sooty... was colour of soot and we had previously had a pet called jet who had died so changed her name from jet

chelsea..chelsea bun.... sister to chocolate cake!

dora: already came with name and she is an explorere!!!
arthur: came with name and suited him as he is a real old fashioned gent to dora.

coco: came with the name but has become coco bozo after a book which i had as a child....

Shauny- He really looked like a Shauny:lol:.

Sophie-Annie-Windwhistle- Sophie again it suited her, Annie because thats what she was called in the rescue, and Windwhistle thats where we got her from:).

Elvis was named even before we saw him, i had a dream about him and he was called elvis.

And Miss Molly because she looked like a Molly:D.
x

Flip Flop because of the one up one down ears she had when she was a baby.

Snowy the kids gave her that name as she was white.

Bobby - when I adopted him, his name was Pip. I thought it would be too confusing with a Flip ad a Pip so I changed his name to Bobby because he was one of the REW 8 who were in police custody.

Back