• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny D!!!!!!!!!

Daniel1Dirk

Banned
When I went outside to do my bunny's I opened the hutch and one of my rabbits was dead. It was a cold night the last time i saw her breething, so I think she died of the cold and she was an old bunny. I'm so sad about it:cry::cry:

I'm sorry :(

Was she living on her own? If not I would take the other bun to the vet for a checkup just incase it was something else

Viral Hemorrhagic Disease - It can Kill without no symptoms, please take your other buns to the vets ASAP and get them Vacc'd against it.

I know you live in America. Is VHD common over there? If it is, it's likely she may have died from this and the other rabbits that were in close proxmity of her would most likely have it.

Viral Hemorrhagic Disease - It can Kill without no symptoms, please take your other buns to the vets ASAP and get them Vacc'd against it.

Ok thank you very much. will it cost alot?? Because if so i can't take them(I'm only 12 and i can't pay for vet bills)

Could be VHD, If it is.. its likely you will lose all your bunnies within a week (I think) take the body of the deceased bun to a vet for a pm and get your buns vaccd ASAP!

So sorry for your loss :(

Ok thank you very much. will it cost alot?? Because if so i can't take them(I'm only 12 and i can't pay for vet bills)

Get your parents to pay or possibly PDSA? Theres no excuse for not being able to take you pet to see a vet! if you cant afford them why do you have them :(

It would have spread by now anyway, so not touching them won't make much difference. Take them all the the vet tonight to get them all vaccinated.

There is a big possibilty they might have it, but you don't know that the bunny that died had it. It sounds like it is though. It is around £15-20 here, but I don't know what that is in $$.

Please go to your gets ASAP though.

Back