• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"Normal" behaviour during bonding....

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
Sorry I know this should be in the bonding section but I know lots more of you look on here.

I just wondered if one of you bonding wizzes could give me a list or some info on what is normal during the early stages of bonding, so that I know what to expect when I get updated on my two and for when they get home...

I hope someone can help me :)

Thank you

Hey Chloe. It is very nerve racking when they come home from bonding. You will want them to be cuddled up and grooming each other - and they will in time. The best advice I was given was to remember that rabbits behaviour can be 'aggressive' and thats normal - they are just sorting things out between them. Chasing, growling, bum nipping, humping are all normal, the only time i would intervene is if they have a proper fight - fully locked on and fur flying everywhere. Be positive when your near them - they will feel that you are anxious so try to relax. Think lovely bonding thoughts and give them time to settle. I am sure you will have a lovely pair of buns.

Don't forget to neutralise your house though :)

i left my two caged for the first week and left them alone apart from feeding and litter tray cleaning... its was torture for me.. but with alvin bein such a demon i think the bond could have been broken by my interference really easily...

mutual grooming and snuggling together developed slowly over the first 6 months so if they dont seem totally lovey yet dont worry it will come :love::love:

oh and we had a few chases around the house which had me convinced id be taking pearl back.. but nope i think it was just play :love:

thank you girlies..

apparently theyve had a couple of minor scuffles with some fur flying but it hasnt been vicious, no injuries etc.

she said theyve sat together briefly today aswell.

ive got everything to neutralize the house with, and theyve got a brand new crate with new toys etc so they wont be in eachothers territory.

i am planning on leaving them totally alone for a week too once theyre back..i am just really worrying about what they'll be doing when im out at work as there wont be anyone in and i am petrified ill come back to something horrible :(

they're coming home on friday...eeeeek :?

thank you girlies..

apparently theyve had a couple of minor scuffles with some fur flying but it hasnt been vicious, no injuries etc.

she said theyve sat together briefly today aswell.

ive got everything to neutralize the house with, and theyve got a brand new crate with new toys etc so they wont be in eachothers territory.

i am planning on leaving them totally alone for a week too once theyre back..i am just really worrying about what they'll be doing when im out at work as there wont be anyone in and i am petrified ill come back to something horrible :(

they're coming home on friday...eeeeek :?

awww hun i remeber that worry too.... i have now moved onto what if theyve escaped/alvins stopped eating/burgulars/house burned down :oops::oops:

sounds like love is blossoming just fine :love::love::love:

awww hun i remeber that worry too.... i have now moved onto what if theyve escaped/alvins stopped eating/burgulars/house burned down :oops::oops:

sounds like love is blossoming just fine :love::love::love:

thank you hun :)

ive made sure my sister can pop in when shes got free lessons and i can come back at dinner time..so i am hoping it'll be ok. i am so worried though..eek!

i should set up a little camera like you, i love that!

Back