• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think of this hutch?

£7 long is great but wish he'd thought more and gvien the height & width at least another 4 inches - 20 inches is poor.
I'd be concerned about it being plywood as well. You can get different qualities of ply and if that's not the thick good stuff, it will get sodden in th rain, despite being painted.

I might choose this for piggies but not for buns.

Not high enough. Nothing worse than a bunny that can't periscope in the covered part of it's accommodation.:cry:

The length is great, but it could really do with being 2ft tall and deep as already said.

It's a shame that there is only one small opening door at the front too as you will have to open the roof all the time. If your buns are anything like mine they would be jumping out of the top every time I opened the lid. :shock: I would rather the hutch was on taller legs and had better access at the front, but that's just personal preference.

As others have said, great length, but depth and height are not good and I'd not use anything less than 24 inches. Those 4 inches do make a huge difference. Also there is hardly any area for light to get in. It would be like them living in a coffin.

Back